auto backups?

auto backups?

Does Cheetah3D save backup files anywhere? I've made changes to a chair which I would like to undo, but I can't and I've gone and saved it... Would love to be able to find a previous version somewhere!

Auto save' is in the real world pipeline, possibly in the next point release.
Cheetah hardly ever crashes, so its easy to get complacent about incremental saves. When this happens, a rouge crash can be quite hard to take. When I was using Maya I got quite used to what functions made it crash, So learned to save(And the work was exploratory sometimes anyway as opposed to the commercial contracting I now do with cheetah).

So hang in there. If its not implemented how you imagined, you could mention it in the wishlist, and it will be noted. Martin only has 10 fingers to type code though, and these days I prefer to leave him to it rather than spam the wishlist with my pesky requests.

HTH

AC

Heres tonights crash log. This one lost me an hour of work, but thankfully Martins implementing AutoSave so I dont blow my top.

Using scapel tool

How long till auto save is released please Martin?
(Checks Watch)

Aaron

Attachments

• Cheetah3D_2008-05-03-2#A44E.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 234
Does Cheetah3D save backup files anywhere? I've made changes to a chair which I would like to undo, but I can't and I've gone and saved it... Would love to be able to find a previous version somewhere!

Hi,
Time Machine in Leopard offers exactly that functionality system wide. There you can go back for months and open old versions of your file.

Do you have Leopard?

Bye,
Martin

Heres tonights crash log. This one lost me an hour of work, but thankfully Martins implementing AutoSave so I dont blow my top.

Using scapel tool

How long till auto save is released please Martin?
(Checks Watch)

Aaron

Hi Aaron,
I've looked into your crashlog but I had no luck to localize the bug. I have half a dozen of crash logs of exactly that bug but I have no idea how do reproduce it. It always works fine on my Mac.

So if you ever figure out a click by click instruction to recreate that bug please let me know. I'm very interested in that.

Bye,
Martin

Back