Hypershot renderer

Hypershot renderer

I just read this article on this month's WIRED magazine about this renderer called Hypershot, and I was curious whether anyone here has used it and what was their impression. The renders created by this program do look pretty good...

Hi.
User "Wal" checked the demo last month in his own board. He´s not around today so maybe he will post later on. The renderer is "quite" pricey you know?

With kindest regards
Frank

Hi Andreu,

I've been playing with hypershot for the last few days. Aspects of the interface are actually pretty crude (e.g., positioning objects in the scene can apparently only be done by changing numerical coordinates, rather than by dragging the object with the mouse). However, the materials are very nice and it does a really good job of rendering CG objects into a photographic scene. It's also designed very much with photographers in mind and is easy to use (at the cost of some flexibility). If I was shooting cars professionally (which seems to be its main area of application) I'd certainly want it because of the speed and ease of use.

The good news for Cheetah 3D users is that you can get very similar effects, albeit with quite a lot more work and some post-processing. Once we have a new materials system I think the gap will actually be quite small, which is amazing considering the enormous price difference.

I enclose a couple of examples. The mini on the rocks was rendered using C3D and some post-processing to mix the car, shadows and backplate. The mini in front of the white house was rendered in hypershot.

Cheers

Guy

Attachments

• hypershot.jpg
    hypershot.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 250
  • cheetah.jpg
    cheetah.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 248
I tried the demo today and put it in the trash after 30 minutes. I'm on a Macbook and the interface completely blows on a Macbook.

The materials are great though! I wish Martin would have a look and better their system! :)

Back