problem with animating material

problem with animating material

I'm animating a piece that i'd like to fade out, did some searching and found it can be done with animating material properties. I'm getting partial results. The geometry is no longer visible but seems to be casting a shadow on the piece below, or transferring inverted normals? There also seems to be some lingering specular light that shows up in the render. How do I get a nice, clean fade out of a material or object?

Attachments

• Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
humm strange .. I'm not sure I'm helping a lot but i'hve try using ONLY the transparency setting (intensity) 0 to 1 and it works great .. for being able to animate it you have to press the little * P * before in the left down corner of cheetah3d.

Srr if you where already doing this and didnt works. I can't help you more atm :frown: but i'm sure someone will come soon! :smile:

here 3 pics of a ball getting shaded. only the light still there but i dont get any reflection as you get on your .. btw the plane have a material too and don't reflect anything.

Attachments

• transparency.jpg
    transparency.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 228
  • transparency2.jpg
    transparency2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 225
  • transparency3.jpg
    transparency3.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 229
It makes *no difference* if there's a drill in the foreground. You leave the drill in both shots.

yes but that means i have to do 2 passes = twice as long. With frames at 1366 x 768 i'd like to keep to one pass. I'm trying to solve what's wrong here, not find a workaround

I'm not in front of Cheetah so this is off the top off my head. What about a render tag on the object and uncheck cast shadows?

got it

I'm not in front of Cheetah so this is off the top off my head. What about a render tag on the object and uncheck cast shadows?

you hit it right on the nose! works beautifully. Thank the top of your head for me!

Attachments

• Picture-8.jpg
    Picture-8.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 201
Back