Hi, some contributions...

01d7af125c3e6658395d257250d301305464c8d281.png
01d7af125cd5af89086b25e5efef085cc97a7a68e2.png

Attachments

• SilverStuds.c3dmat.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 644
  • Lapis.c3dmat.zip
    24.1 KB · Views: 603
Hey this thread needs a bump (or a pin).

This is a really good thread and one that I always forget about. It would be nice if there were some other way to browse all the materials though - possibly a page on the actual Cheetah site showing a preview, a descriptive name of each material and a download link - what does anyone else think?

I'm thinking of writing a simple tool to allow people to upload materials and browse them on my website. I'd provide an upload form where you provide the material, an optional example render, and you pick some categories (e.g. metal, toon). If you like this idea, I'll give it a shot (it shouldn't be too complicated).

I'm thinking of writing a simple tool to allow people to upload materials and browse them on my website. I'd provide an upload form where you provide the material, an optional example render, and you pick some categories (e.g. metal, toon). If you like this idea, I'll give it a shot (it shouldn't be too complicated).

I feel like a bit of a forum hog lately but I'd certainly find it useful, at the moment it's kind of luck if you find what you want, even with the forum search.

Hmmm....

http://www.google.com/search?client....,cf.osb&fp=6632618cf997bc2d&biw=1365&bih=918

If you're after something more specific (e.g. "brass") simply tack that onto the query, so:

"c3dmat.zip ("+ site:cheetah3d.com brass vs "c3dmat.zip ("+ site:cheetah3d.com

Should list every page on cheetah3d.com with a c3dmat download link.

I should be able to crawl every material on the website. Since Cheetah 3d stores preview thumbnails of materials in the file (which iirc is simply a bundle) it should be possible to provide previews of the materials along with their names and a link to the page where they were posted.

A similar technique could be used to keep an up-to-date list of all the scripts on the site.

Last edited:
just found this thread... what great materials on piggy..

question....how and where does one load these into Cheetah..

I will be upgrading to v6 next pay day.. but I don't suppose there's any difference between that and the earlier ones.

I saw where podperson is talking about having them all at one site... that would be great.. and a short note where to place them in Cheetah would be greatly appriciated also. ;)

ohhh... where do I find piggy... :redface:

just found this thread... what great materials on piggy..

question....how and where does one load these into Cheetah..

I will be upgrading to v6 next pay day.. but I don't suppose there's any difference between that and the earlier ones.

I saw where podperson is talking about having them all at one site... that would be great.. and a short note where to place them in Cheetah would be greatly appriciated also. ;)

ohhh... where do I find piggy... :redface:

Go to your "home folder"/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/ and look into the Materials and Samples folder.

Wonderful thread

I just wanted to thank everyone posting here, for making your creative materials available to learn from.

Really incredible stuff here!

Thank you! :icon_thumbup:

Great thanks

Wow spent last couple of hours trawling, downloading and adding these into the cheetah library ... thanks to all wonderful contributors.

I was really missing a materials library but not anymore! :smile:

Swirly glass pig

Wow spent last couple of hours trawling, downloading and adding these into the cheetah library ... thanks to all wonderful contributors.

I was really missing a materials library but not anymore! :smile:

OK so quoting yourself - sign of madness but I enjoyed your materials so much I wanted to contribute so here is a material meant to be like those tacky glass toys you get at cheap gift shops - I love them.

So, hello and you're welcome.
Chris

Attachments

• redwhiteswirl.c3dmat.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 493
  • mc_glass_piggy.png
    mc_glass_piggy.png
    374.4 KB · Views: 914
More cheetah materials

Hi all,

Here are a few more shaders. There are no textures (other than built in ones).

Tron piggy is about as tronny as he can be without true glow. Notice the blue 'glow' doesn't leak onto his eyes or the background. Radiosity helps on the box below him of course.

I managed to get close to chainmail. Its a UV function so thats why I added a sphere to show it clearly.

Hmm maybe someone can improve my bricks but I was quite happy with the salty pattern on top.

Anyway, fun fun fun.
The materials zip file contains the material examples in this message and a few more from the next message but five attachment limit means splitting the messages.... in all 8 textures.

Chris

Attachments

• basketwork.png
    basketwork.png
    413.3 KB · Views: 896
  • bricknsalt.png
    bricknsalt.png
    398.5 KB · Views: 895
  • tronpiggy.png
    tronpiggy.png
    380.2 KB · Views: 926
  • chainmail.png
    chainmail.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 899
  • CT_textures.zip
    144.6 KB · Views: 566
More images (materials in previous message)

Here are the remaining images for the materials in this mini pack.
The wife thinks I'm nuts painting pigs all day.

Chris

Attachments

• frosting.png
    frosting.png
    328.5 KB · Views: 890
  • metalstuds.png
    metalstuds.png
    412.8 KB · Views: 888
  • measels.png
    measels.png
    332.4 KB · Views: 888
Back