Inverse of Import Children?

Inverse of Import Children?

Is there an inverse of the import children function? I would like to select a chuck of a model, make it a separate model, work on it and finally re-import it.

If the topology is similar gadget-mode&snapping-to-components should do it.

Cheers
Frank

Wrong, Cheetah snaps all over the place except where you want it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 6.51.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 6.51.13 PM.png
    261 KB · Views: 194
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 6.51.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-29 at 6.51.17 PM.png
    261.6 KB · Views: 199

It works fine but you have to understand it snaps to whatever is under the cursor.
It seem like it's being yanked out of your hands but it's just snapping to what is under the cursor.

Thanks. I figured it out on my own yesterday after a lot of frustration. Is cheetah dependent on the transform widget?

In most 3D applications you can turn it off and simple move vertices, edges, and polygons directly with the mouse. Most apps even let you press the x, y, and z key to constrain movement.

No - hold down shift+alt while in component- and move-mode - hover/highlight/click&drag is it then.

Cheers
Frank

That is a little better -- thanks. I didn't know about this feature. It is still bad though. Why do I need to hold down keys to move? Also the widget is still visible and in the way, and I can't constrain to x,y,z.

That is a little better -- thanks. I didn't know about this feature. It is still bad though. Why do I need to hold down keys to move? Also the widget is still visible and in the way, and I can't constrain to x,y,z.

It is not visible when holding down shift+alt and nothing is selected. To constrain movement along certain axis you have to select components first and then use handles to proceed.

Back