Saving Movie Exports at an Image Sequence?

The mov.export will get back the codecs (MacOSX issue) with the next update. In the meantime have a look into usr/library/caches/cheetah3d/temp/date and find the image sequence after rendering the animation.

Cheers
Frank

Creating a spritesheet

On that note, I've learnt lots of useful things from the generous contributors to this forum, and I'd like to give something back. Forget my artwork, you won't want it. But this basic spritesheet converter may be useful for those of you generating content for 2D apps. It takes Truecolor PNG files with transparency and packs them into a single spritesheet (or texture atlas) for use in development tools such as Cocos2D and Corona.

If you don't have it already, you'll need Lua and GD libraries. You can get them auto-installed via MacPorts.

Note: there's little or no error checking, so ensure your input data makes sense.

Put the script in some easy to get at location, open the terminal window and cd to that folder. Then make a call like:

$ lua createSheet.lua pathToImages=./myCheetahImages/ sheetWidth=512 sheetHeight=256

(No spaces either side of "=".)

Check the comments in the script for more info.

Of course there are commercial apps that do this that are much easier to use and probably do way more.

Attachments

• createSheet.lua.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
The mov.export will get back the codecs (MacOSX issue) with the next update. In the meantime have a look into usr/library/caches/cheetah3d/temp/date and find the image sequence after rendering the animation.

Cheers
Frank

Is this still the way to get an image sequence from an animation? I don't seem to have a Cheetah3D folder in my caches folder…

EDIT: Ignore this question. I've found what I wanted in the Application Support folder.

Last edited:
Hi Dave.
Don´t "Show in Finder" work for you?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Show_In_Finder.png
    Show_In_Finder.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 250
Back