City of Rott 2: 85 minute Zombie film made in Cheetah 3D

City of Rott 2: 85 minute Zombie film made in Cheetah 3D

COR2dvdposterB2c.jpg

City of Rott 2 is an 85 minute 2014 Zombie film I made in Cheetah 3D and completed this past year as a fun but challenging project.
While the style of the film is basic as intended, it was probably the most fun I had animating a year long project thanks to Cheetah 3D's very intuitive and easy to use tools. Version 6+ was used to make it.
Only non Cheetah 3D elements are the textures, which I illustrated using Gimp (photoshop-like free program).

On the DVD, there's a brief nod to Cheetah 3D and in the end credits also.

City of Rott 2 DVD at amazon.com
City of Rott 2 Trailer on youtube.com

Also, check out my first 42 minute film created entirely in Cheetah3D, Gnome in the Haunted Castle (2D and stereo 3D) DVD

gnome3D.jpg

Gnome in the Haunted Castle DVD at amazon.com
Gnome in the Haunted Castle Trailer on youtube.com

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Icodealot.

The rendering, even with these very basic looking set ups (going for a 1970's style vintage action figure), took about 4-5 months alone, using one computer, 24/7 each day rendering on COR2. Gnome Castle took about 2 months, but I rendered as I animated with Gnome.

SO very impressive - Lots and lots of particles. Your exterior shots are stylized very well - good use of fog. I like the special effects during the blade fighting sequences. Wow, that was a lot of work - aside from all the design, modeling and pre-production, that is a huge amount of programming and problem solving - and at 30fps that's over 150,000 frames. And I'm remembering that Cheetah doesn't have a render cue - so you have to load every shot manually. Again, so very impressive. Congrats!!!!!

Wow, that's really impressive work! Great imagination, skill and patience. Love the old man with his walking frame and the gnome character.

SO very impressive - Lots and lots of particles. Your exterior shots are stylized very well - good use of fog. I like the special effects during the blade fighting sequences. Wow, that was a lot of work - aside from all the design, modeling and pre-production, that is a huge amount of programming and problem solving - and at 30fps that's over 150,000 frames. And I'm remembering that Cheetah doesn't have a render cue - so you have to load every shot manually. Again, so very impressive. Congrats!!!!!

Thanks Rene. It was mostly fun. Cheetah 3D is so easy to work with thanks to the current controls, options, features and interface.

Wow, that's really impressive work! Great imagination, skill and patience. Love the old man with his walking frame and the gnome character.

Thanks Chris.

Originally I had an old guy who had moving legs and complex facial expressions with many more polygons and controls, but to avoid slowdown of the work window (where a button press registers seconds later instead of instantly), simpler designs were easier to work with and complete on Cheetah 3D modeling software, considering all of the zombies onscreen at once.

Excellent work, very creative. Great idea going mono-pedal.
I've only watched the trailer so far, but it looks great.

Very nice example of planning a project you can actually do and then doing it. Pretty darn good voice acting, pacing, and — given the approach taken, some nice, snappy animation. Well done.

That said, the trailer is too darn long.

Awesome job!!! Never seen so much BLOOD in my entire life! And the walker weapon is extremely sweet! Congrats!

Bravo DarthSidious05 !

I admire your ability to single handedly put an 85 Minute
video together using nothing but Cheetah 3D.
That says a lot for you and for the Engineer of Cheetah 3D
(Martin Wengenmayer) and the entire Cheetah 3D staff.

My Best
Jeanny

Excellent work, very creative. Great idea going mono-pedal.
I've only watched the trailer so far, but it looks great.

Thanks ZooHead! I appreciate it.

Very nice example of planning a project you can actually do and then doing it. Pretty darn good voice acting, pacing, and — given the approach taken, some nice, snappy animation. Well done.

That said, the trailer is too darn long.

:mrgreen: Thanks Podperson. I agree, it could be a minute or two shorter to make it more compact. I'll have to work on that.

Awesome job!!! Never seen so much BLOOD in my entire life! And the walker weapon is extremely sweet! Congrats!

:cool: Yes, lots of cartoon mayhem. Thanks Andreu.

Bravo DarthSidious05 !

I admire your ability to single handedly put an 85 Minute
video together using nothing but Cheetah 3D.
That says a lot for you and for the Engineer of Cheetah 3D
(Martin Wengenmayer) and the entire Cheetah 3D staff.

My Best
Jeanny

Hi Jeanny.
I agree that I wouldn't have the patience to try something like this if I didn't first love the software I was working with. Cheetah 3D is a lot of fun to create new projects with thanks to the awesome, intuitive and easy to use tools, features and interface especially.

The Cheetah 3D Forum here is great, and offer plenty of useful tips and how to's.

Back