car model parts link.

car model parts link.

this is very famous site for 3D car modeling. work fine with Cheetah3D.

http://www.honda.co.jp/WebPlamo/

I think it has only japanese, but just click thumbnail and download some parts files you want.

lwo file : with material but all polygons trianglated, some texture setting manually.
dxf file : some material missing, but not trianglated.

tg_jp

Last edited:
Hi,
that's really cool. I think every care manufacturer should offer free 3D models form their cars. Maybe some others follow Honda since that is a great idea.

By,
Martin

TG_jp, The models aren't very userfriendly. each part comes in a lot of seperate parts. Martin, is it possible to add the import to folder feature to DXF as well? For now I've imported all dxf in vectorworks and made seperate layers per material. Let's see what I can do now! I'll post results as soon as something has come out!

Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,
I plan to add the load into folder feature to all file loaders. Just a matter of time.

By,
Martin

Thanx Martin... that will be a great addition... currently I am having to add a million folders for all of the parts for the S800... intereestingly they are all in different scales... or at least a 2-3 different ones... so I will have to scale... correctly hopefully... all the parts so they fit together... maybe oneday I will get to render it.... :D

cheers
Trevor

Asimo rendered with Cheetha3D

Hi, Martin, Peter, Trevor.

yes, Peter. it not useful for importing. that concept is you constract each parts with 3D application like plastic model.

and, all model data for just personal use only. :)

and, sorry. I don't try test all files, so some files is not imported correctly with Cheetah3D.

anyway, if you like Honda's product or Asimo, that contents is a lot of fun.

ch_20060209_asimo2.jpg

tg_jp

OK the Honda T360 worked out now. After importing in Vectorworks and combining the different parts.

Regards,
Peter

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 365
peer said:
OK the Honda T360 worked out now. After importing in Vectorworks and combining the different parts.

Regards,
Peter

Certainly a lot of work. But congratulations on the work you've done as this turns out to be a nice model !

Back