VisBox Visualization

VisBox Visualization

Hey Martin,

I'm working with some of your fellow mathematicians and engineers at a University in out town. We are designing an addition to the Gellersen Hall School of Mathematics and Engineering and using a VizBox to "visualize" the work.

http://www.visbox.com/

I've been working with a Prof to get a file format that would translate into a file they could use and a Cheetah3D obj. file was the big winner.

I just got back from viewing a demo that they put together and IT IS COOL. You wear 3d glasses, stand in front of a 10 feet-tall screen and use a handheld controller to move yourself through, over and under the building. I ACTUALLY DUCKED MY HEAD WHEN I GOT TOO CLOSE OT A SOFFIT!

Anyway, of the four different modelers I used to export and obj. file, your .obj is the only one that worked. I know you recently did some work on your .obj and material export options so i hope it still works. If not, I'll keep an old version on my computer for VisBox exports.

I'm going to try and videotape the demo session when we show it to the client. I'll post it if I it happens.

Cheetah3D saves the day again!

Jake

Hey Jake,
I also want such a VisBox. :)

You shouldn't worry about the .obj export in 2.2. I just extended it slightly to support .mtl files.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Hey Jake,
I also want such a VisBox. :)

You shouldn't worry about the .obj export in 2.2. I just extended it slightly to support .mtl files.

By,
Martin

You ought to try one if you get a chance. I actually experienced a sense of vertigo when I walked off the roof of the Gellersen model they were using for a demo.

I think they're only 50,000 US dollars. Everyone should have one!

Back