UV Map question? Separate Maps one Object?

UV Map question? Separate Maps one Object?

Here is my question?
I have one figure/object This figure has a coat on.
Is it possible to have a separate uv map for only the coat?
If it is how would you attempt and achieve it?
Thanks for helping.

I think you can use the UV "Shading Selection" pull down menu (0 – 24) in v7 for different UV layouts. v6 also has them but only (0 – 15) of them.

The way you go about it is different depending on how you've done your mesh. If you made the objects separately, uv mapped them, and then merged them, C3d will automatically put each UV into a consecutive shading selection. You will probably have to select all the polygons if it's a single mesh that's been optimized already and then manually set the shading space number. Hopefully that makes sense.

edit:
Also "All" is the default selection and 0 counts as a shading selection also. In most computer programming languages, counting is started at zero instead of one.

Attachments

• Shading Selection.jpg
    Shading Selection.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Hi Swizl: Thanks for replying, I am not getting something here. The coat has a material zone applied but in the uv window editor the entire obj uvs are showing not just the coat. what I am after is having only a uv map for the coat without showing the uvs for all. Do you think this is possible? Thanks

I haven't done much extensive UV mapping. Using the UV1 and UV2 settings may be what you want to use. I'm on my phone now, so I may be able to look into it more tomorrow.

Back