Single Plane Move in Perspective or Camera Viewport

Single Plane Move in Perspective or Camera Viewport

I love to work in one large camera or perspective viewport. When moving things, I would love to be able to lock movement to just 2 axis.

I'm sure this was a feature or Max. I dont think I would have thought of it myself. I have not used max for over 10 years so dont know how or what it does these days.

3WRVzKv.png

You might consider adding an extra corner to the move gizmo.

Hold shift on one of the arrows and it will lock that position. Allowing you to move the other two directions only. This works on scaling as well.

Thanks for the heads up!. Feels very weird to use, but exactly what I was after.

You're welcome!

There are a bunch of keyboard and selection tricks to use in C3d. You can also use a tweak mode (if you didn't already know) where you use shift-option and it will let you move, scale, or rotate without using the manipulator. The only caveat is that it remembers the last manipulator mode you were in. It's really awesome when you want to move a bunch of points / edges / polys around quickly.

Is there a help page for them.

Somebody else told me about the tweak mode, and I used it a bit last week when I was modeling some organic shapes. Pretty cool!

Back