center point and a texture issue.

center point and a texture issue.

I cant seem to move the center/rotation point of any object in C3D without moving the object itself. I have 2 objects that i have grouped in a folder and i want to rotate around the center of the grouped object.

Same issue with some images i use as textures, cant rotate them to fit them the way i want...

thanx a lot

Jan

Hi Jan,

Jan Atom said:
I cant seem to move the center/rotation point of any object in C3D without moving the object itself. I have 2 objects that i have grouped in a folder and i want to rotate around the center of the grouped object.

you have to do that manually yet with folders etc. But changing the rotation pivot is already on my todo list.

Jan Atom said:
Same issue with some images i use as textures, cant rotate them to fit them the way i want...

You can rotate a texture with the "UV rotation" proerty of the material tag.

But you can also use the UV editor to make your texture fit perfectly.

Bye,
Martin

Thanx Martin,

Its an essential function, C3D is already feature packed, cant wait to watch it grow...

And for the texture rotating, yes! thanks a lot!

Jan

Ever implemented?

You mentioned you'd be implementing the ability to change the rotation point of an object quite some time ago. Did it ever get in, or is it just slated for v5?

Hi,
don't worry its still on my todo list and it already moved up quite high in priority. So but no announcement yet in which version it will make it.

Bye,
Martin

Back