Basic rotation problem

Basic rotation problem

Hey everyone,

For some reason the standard rotation of a polygon group doesn't seem to work right anymore. I just started modeling a low-poly arm, and once I was finished I needed to rotate it 90 degrees to align it with the rest of the body. However, when I select the polygons and try rotating it (in polygon mode), the model gets incredibly flattened and distorted. I've opened up a bunch of other models and they rotate just fine, and the rotation issue exists on every single version of Cheetah3D I have on my computer - but only for this file.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm at a complete loss to explain why it only applies to this file since I didn't do anything different than with my other models.

Hi Targos,

That did the trick. For some reason my model's scale was set to 1.0, 0.1, 0.02 or something weird like that. I'm not sure why it even has this feature, since the only purpose it seems to serve is messing up rotations and clones of objects.

Yeah it surprised me when I hit it too, and Ive been fiddling in 3d for years. Its called shear, and it occurs in all 3d apps. Its no feature, just a working condition you have to get used to.

So off you go, and dont forget to bump up your hourly rate a couple of dollars:wink:all these little bits of expertise add up.

AC

Back