HELP. White areas with radiosity

Hi Juan Pablo.
The only thing I changed is the angle of the upper area light and in addition conforming its intensity. That´s all.

Cheers
Frank

The light's in Cheetah are a weak link imo. There is just something about them that isn't quite up to par with other programs I've tried - more artifacts and other unexpected results.
Aha, listen to this! So I got my results just by surprise. ;) You may think so.

Attachments

• PipeLine3.jpg
    PipeLine3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 220
I knew you would get defensive Frank, you always do. Let's be honest about the things that just "might" need some attention and perhaps the program will improve instead of defending it when there is an obvious short coming. I know you've tried other programs and I know you're not stupid.

We went through this exercise of Modo and Cheetah in another thread. There are tons of artifacts in this image but the ones next to the right side of the painting are quite visible. The Modo renders I did never had these kinds of artifacts - I had the demo for 30 days.

Attachments

• artifacts.jpg
    artifacts.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Innerdreamrecords,

I agree with your opinion. I sometimes post modo renders in these forums exactly to try to show some of what, I think, are cheetah's deficiencies.

Don't get me wrong, I really like cheetah, it's a great app and I use it, but cheetah's render engine needs some attention. Cheetah could indeed improve and I am certain it will.

Innerdreamrecords,

I agree with your opinion. I sometimes post modo renders in these forums exactly to try to show some of what, I think, are cheetah's deficiencies.

Don't get me wrong, I really like cheetah, it's a great app and I use it, but cheetah's render engine needs some attention. Cheetah could indeed improve and I am certain it will.

There seems to be an over abundance of protectionism of Cheetah which I think is wrong. The only way to get things to improve is to make it clear that the user group isn't happy. This ultimately is for the good and will contribute to the success of the software. I know Martin is a one man show but that is his choice to do all the work himself, no points given for making a choice.

I too like Cheetah and for the money it is exceptional, again the developers choice.

I personally think you have to work too hard to make things look good.

Back