Objects disappear if put into each other

Objects disappear if put into each other

For strange reasons, objects disappear forever from stage when I put them into each other.

Video demo:
http://www.bartelsmedia.com/vid/c3d_child_object_issue.swf

What I originally tried to achieve was putting all letters into each other and import them as childs (in order to extrude the whole thing).

Attached is the C3D file.

Any help?

Attachments

• pex5_textlogo_master3.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 276
Report this as a bug.

I'm not sure if import children is supposed to work for splines or only editable meshes.

Hi.
There´s no bug involved.
Say you have 10 separated splines. Select N° 2 to 10 while holding shift and drag the whole bunch onto N°1 - then call import children -double click N°1 icon to collapse the hierarchy - done - ready for extrusion.

As a side note: Your splines are of planetary size and you were parenting children of children of children of children of children: instead 4 children at once. You generate a corrupt hierarchy (that was inbreeding/Inzucht :D and you received genetic disorder as a result)

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• pex5_textlogo_master3Reviewed.jas.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Hi Frank,

thanks for the hint of importing all items in one strike. Saves a lot of time.

By the way, I chose a planetary size as the extrusion bevel minimum radius is still too high for my need. Would be nice if the minimum bevel would be lower.

Would also be nice if I can extrude a group of splines becaus I would still like to be able to re-arrange individual splines.

But if I intend to move and arrange individual extruded letters individually then I also need to extruded them separately as they are otherwise tied together when combined as child objects.

Would be nice if one could apply an extrusion to a group (where each item in the group can be individually arranged).

Or am I missing anything?

But if I intend to move and arrange individual extruded letters individually then I also need to extruded them separately as they are otherwise tied together when combined as child objects.

Would be nice if one could apply an extrusion to a group (where each item in the group can be individually arranged).

Or am I missing anything?

A work around is to make them as 1 object which is editable and just polygon select each letter and move it around.

hi,

a parent object geometry affects child object's. 7th object's z-scale is 0, but should be 1. it is better to use 'Burn Transform -> Burn Scale/Shear' before attaching Extrude for each objects to avoid big value for bevel round.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Back