25 Free Textures for Cheetah 3D

Bump!

Hey did anyone find these useful or am I wasting my time?

podperson,

I found these in the context of a different thread a couple weeks ago. I have been meaning to thanks you ever since. not only are they great textures, but I've learned a lot by dissecting the scenes as well.

I bought Cheetah3D originally just to model some furniture for an interior perspective modeled in SU and rendered in Maxwell. Although I had seen some great examples in here of renderings I wasn't prepared to jump onto the learning curve at that time (re: lighting, textures, rendering...). My career is keeping me more and more busy in the design and production drawing end of things, but when I have more time I will definitely be exploring this side of C3D more in depth and your files are tremendously helpful!

So in short - YES they are helpful, NO you are not wasting your time, I for one am very thankful!

Thanks!!!

check "Fresnel" for glass.

Pod,
I run some test on your models and noticed that you did not check the "Fresnel" option for glass material.
It adds much to the scene in both models and is worth the rendering time price, which is lower for IBL.

Last edited:
asphalt

my favourite is the asphalt texture -
great for all kinds of rocks when used as color texture combined with a fractal noise bumpmap.

thank you for providing -

- archie

Attachments

• pyramidisle1.jpg
    pyramidisle1.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 303
pod, thanks very much.
I used a few textures as placeholders, but I may keep them in a game I'm working at getting materialized w/ Unity. (yeah, it'll get to hopefully-fun game form pretty soon).

http://www.pocketpiglets.com/private/scene.html

I know it's most certainly not the most worthy showing of your stuff, or Cheetah, but as you'd asked, yes, I find the textures very useful. Thanks.

Back