Screwdriver Animation Help

Screwdriver Animation Help

I'm animating how a sign is taken apart. I need to animate the screwdriver removing a set screw. My problem is figuring out how to get the set screw to follow the screwdriver's motion. I'm guessing maybe an Orient or Constraint Tag may work? I don't know exactly how to use them.

I've got a partial animation that I'm posting here. There are two screws. One on top and one on bottom. I've only included the bottom one.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Screwdriver.zip
    135.5 KB · Views: 194
I´d use an on&off parent-constraint tag at the screw which will be enabled when the driver fits the screw head and the loosen starts.

Cheers
Frank

This is one way of doing it:

Place the screwdriver (and its child objects) into a new Group folder.
Using coordinate system, change the Group folder's pivot point to the center.
Place the Set Screw Bottom object into the Group folder.

This way you will be able to animate the screw driver separately as it approaches the post. But then animate the folder's rotation property so you can have both screwdriver and screw rotating together.

Here's a modified .jas file if you want...

Attachments

• Screwdriver-modified.jas.zip
    116.5 KB · Views: 203
Nitpick
* Screwdriver turns clockwise.
* Screw unscrews.
* The thread of the screw implies that it is a normal right handed grub screw.
* FAKE NEWS :tongue: SAD :frown:

Last edited:
Nitpick
* Screwdriver turns clockwise.
* Screw unscrews.
* The thread of the screw implies that it is a normal right handed grub screw.
* FAKE NEWS :tongue: SAD :frown:
Not Fake News. Just creating a "new reality" which you will all report on and follow. Because that's not the way the world really works anymore. And just when you think you know which way the screw turns, I will use Cheetah to create yet another reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will - I can fire up Cheetah and create other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. With Cheetah I'm not just a creator. I'm a "history maker". And you will all be left to just study what we make. So Fake News isn't necessary - but it helps when expanding empires with Cheetah ;)

Last edited:
Not Fake News. Just creating a "new reality" which you will all report on and follow. Because that's not the way the world really works anymore. And just when you think you know which way the screw turns, I will use Cheetah to create yet another reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will - I can fire up Cheetah and create other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. With Cheetah I'm not just a creator. I'm a "history maker". And you will all be left to just study what we make. So Fake News isn't necessary - but it helps when expanding empires with Cheetah ;)

:D

The screws unscrew inside out! Far out man.

Back