new beta version comment / feature request

new beta version comment / feature request

hi martin

some greetings frtorm bowling green state university ohio usa.
finaly the summer weather reached us here. 80 degrees are great.

i just tried out your beta and the new radiosity engine. so far i am
pretty impressed about the speed.

how far is this fast calculation accurate?

will you include an option to weight vertex, edges, and faces for subdiv surfaces?

the supershader with anisotropical specular does not produce a specular typical for a metal surface with a micro fine groves. how do you support metal surfaces?

i am also pretty impressed with the other enhancements.

i would wish a bit more controll over the subdivsurface weighting and a more complex / complet material system.

claas

I'm missing some buttons. When I follow the new Hello World tutorial, It points to some buttons (timeline and render animation) that I can't find. Is there a bug in my program? Thanks

peer,

Right-Click (or Ctrl click) in the tool bar. Then "Customize toolbar ...". Then drag the default set in the toolbar and you should be OK

Re: new beta version comment / feature request

Hi Claas,
nice to hear from you.

f.ip2 said:
i just tried out your beta and the new radiosity engine. so far i am
pretty impressed about the speed.

how far is this fast calculation accurate?

The more calculation time you invest (higher scattering orders, more sampels, etc.) the more accurate it gets.

f.ip2 said:
will you include an option to weight vertex, edges, and faces for subdiv surfaces?

That's a difficult one especally because I know quite some 3D artists who say don't wast your time with such features. They told me that they've never used it even although their software supports them. Just because weighted subdiv meshes only work with high subdiv iterations.
So weighted subdiv meshes would be cool but they don't have a to high priority.

f.ip2 said:
the supershader with anisotropical specular does not produce a specular typical for a metal surface with a micro fine groves. how do you support metal surfaces?
Anisotropic materials have a quite high priority as well as blured refections which are also quite usable for making nice metals.
claas[/quote]

f.ip2 said:
i am also pretty impressed with the other enhancements

Thanks. :D

By,
Martin

interesting to hear that comment.

using weighted edges allows you special in facial modeling to get the facial expression with less gemometry wich makes animation also faster.

i guess that is also a opion that is based on the project and the renderfarm power.

i am looking forward to some of the upcoming materials.

claas

Back