Can you use "green screen" 2D cut outs in Cheetah ?

Can you use "green screen" 2D cut outs in Cheetah ?

Hi everyone,

I came across a German site that offers free 2D cutout people for use in arch viz. They seem to have been created with the "green screen" principle. I am not familair with this principle. I have tried putting some of these people into a Cheetah scene, but i can't seem to get rid of their backgrounds. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

http://xoio-air.de/category/textures/

It's ok - I figured it out.

I was looking in the Channels palette in Photoshop, trying to look for the Alpha channel, as I have done in the past. But these are set up differently. You need to look in the layers palette and hide the background layer, then re save it.

At any rate, this site has some pretty useful things, in the textures and geometry sections. Some of these are made solely for Max and VRay, so check the description before downloading, as not all can be used in Cheetah.

You should do a search for billboard people [or things] in .png format most of what I have found have the background transparent already and can be used in Cheetah3D material as a texture [use Alpha channel and index of refraction to 1.0]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 11.42.56 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-11-09 at 11.42.56 PM.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 280
You should do a search for billboard people [or things] in .png format most of what I have found have the background transparent already and can be used in Cheetah3D material as a texture [use Alpha channel and index of refraction to 1.0]

Uncle Bob,

thanks for that.

I usually do this for trees and the like. Usually 3D trees have a separate diffuse and alpha map, and you need to combine the two together in Photoshop. Then, as you say, check the "use Alpha Channel" and set IOR to 1.

Thanks for the search tip. Much appreciated.

Don´t forget to disable the Specular part in the material settings - otherwise you´ll get some unwanted highlights from the plane rendered:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• CutOutPeople.jpg
    CutOutPeople.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 251
Back