Cheetah3D to Unity - BlendShape Name

Cheetah3D to Unity - BlendShape Name

Hello,

If I add blendshapes to my model then export to fbx to Unity, the name of the Blendshape from C3D is not retained in Unity. It becomes some weird name like : BlendShapeChannel0_286716352.

Is there a way to make it so that it keeps the same name as in C3D ? Or is this a Unity problem ?

Thanks,

Django

Interesting question. I don't know — I've not really worked with blendshapes. Are the weird names in any way predictable?

Hi,
I didn't know that the names of the FBXBlendShapeChannel objects appear somewhere in the UI so I gave the FBXBlendShapeChannel objects that name just for convinience. But I can change that name so that the blendshapes use the names of the Cheetah3D morph targets.

Bye
Martin

Last edited:
Hi,
I didn't know that the names of the FBXBlendShapeChannel objects appear somewhere in the UI so I gave the FBXBlendShapeChannel objects that name just for convinience. But I can change that name so that the blendshapes use the names of the Cheetah3D morph targets.

Bye
Martin

Thank you so much for the reply Martin. That would be wonderful if its not too much trouble. I find it would be much clearer in Unity when we animate the values.

Thanks,
Django

Back