Map image material evenly over mesh

Map image material evenly over mesh

I was looking over some example materials and came across this example.

attachment.php

I downloaded the material file and applied it the the Pig.jas example file. But for some reason my render does not look the same (see below).

In the original the material is applied evenly over the pig mesh but on my render the image has higher frequency in some areas in the mesh (around the neck and on the nose).

How has the original image been rendered this way?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 263
Hi Frank, sorry I may not have been clear. It's not the general scale I'm worried about, it's the consistency. In the the original the image is mapped perfectly on pig. It stays the same scale all over... On mine it goes from big to small depending on the density of the mesh.

Hi Frank, sorry I may not have been clear. It's not the general scale I'm worried about, it's the consistency. In the the original the image is mapped perfectly on pig. It stays the same scale all over... On mine it goes from big to small depending on the density of the mesh.

I´m not sure we´re talking about the same file. Are you still on the pig.jas file or one of your own.

You might check the tangent space: then set to "3D":

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• TangentSpace.png
    TangentSpace.png
    31 KB · Views: 242
I did a search on Google for tangent space but still don't understand it. What is the difference between object and tangent space?Talk to me like I'm 5 yo.
Thanks

I´m not sure we´re talking about the same file. Are you still on the pig.jas file or one of your own.

You might check the tangent space: then set to "3D":

Yeah I am talking about 'the' pig.jas file.

The tangent space does only seems to be modifying the highlight. Let me try and illustrate the problem more clearly.

The first image below is the original image that I am trying to emulate.
The second image is what mine renders like (tangent space set to 3D)
The third image is a closeup illustrating the problem
The third image is the same closeup but with tangent space set to UV1 (not really sure what tangent space is doing... Im with Uncle there)

Attachments

• samplat2.jpg
    samplat2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 225
  • image.png
    image.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 223
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    342 KB · Views: 212
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    343.8 KB · Views: 216
I think it all depends on the mapping type. Maybe Archie changed the delivered UV layout to a spherical mapping. This seems to work pretty well:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SphericalMapping.jpeg
    SphericalMapping.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 213
Back