What is the last version for powerpc

What is the last version for powerpc

I'm thinking of buying Cheetah for a old G5 powerpc. I have played with version 5.1.1 and I like it, I'm now running tiger and am looking to upgrade to leopard (not snow leopard) can you tell me if I do manage to get the upgrade working what is the last version of cheeetah that will work on this system and where would I get a copy.

Cheetah 5.1.1 worked very nicely on my old MacBook g4 worked even better on the G5, I'm not going to be using it for rendering overly much but skinning and weight painting low poly characters.

Can you tell me what is in the last version for power pc or rather what's not in it.

Is there a great difference in the skinning tool in the latest version ?

Thank you for any help with this ..

Thank you

thanks for the link and info..

can you tell me is there any video tutorials on skinning and weight painting ?

I have found one on youtube but it was very basic.

are the video tutorials you had on your site the same ones from 3dmacsoftware (i think that's what the site was called) or are they different ones.

thank you

Are you really in the need of weight painting at all? Cheetah3d´s heat binding works pretty well - don´t remember last time I need to adjust any weighting. :cool:

Cheers
Frank

Sound good

It would be very cool not to need weight painting, if that turned out to be the case I would be very happy. Guess its one of those things I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Some of my character models have extreme body shapes so I would imagine some tweeking would be needed.

it sounds very interesting

It does sound very interesting. I have had mixed results using blender and messiah studio so I am eager to play with cheetah.

Cheers

Martin

Blender's and Cheetah's heat binding are pretty much the same (i.e. very very good). Blender has a bunch of other binding schemes from days of yore (including the classic ball and bone envelope stuff copied from Character Studio which never worked especially well and required a ton of setup).

I bought Messiah back when it was super cheap and found it completely unusable (if it had been a conventional purchase, I would have demanded a refund). Blender's binding and weight painting are actually quite good; the problem is getting your head around everything else (e.g. Blender's data model, which still beats me).

Back