Asterios

Asterios

Hey people, it's been a while since I've tried modelling cars... take a look, this one from my mind.
Front bumper and hood nearly complete

I was having difficulty at first with the area near the wheel, for the bumper.... until I realized that the front quarter panel was separate from the bumper (lol)

I am having a little bit of trouble rendering properly... between the two fog lights is a recessed part in the bumper.... yet it is not shadowed, even though the light is coming from the "back" of the car... I am using an area light... am I doing something wrong here?

(by the way... my intentions are to make this vehicle a police interceptor... what do you think?)

Attachments

• asterios_1.jpg
    asterios_1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 519
You may want to turn your camera light off to get more realistic shadows. Then the recess may be more visible. Also turn your ambient light off on the material. To get a realistic paint, set your refection to 1.000 and set the refection color to 15% on the greyscale slider, creates a very good refective paint setup.

alright, I didnt turn the camera light off, because I see nothing in the editor... everyhting is black. But I did change the texture properties. The reason I had it in felt and not paint-shine, is because I wanted to see if my modeling was good.
Here is a new picture, hood, bumper, and front fenders complete.

And today, I went out anf spoiled myself : I bought the Marble Mouse from Logitech....... Long live trackballs!!!!

Attachments

• asterios_2.jpg
    asterios_2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 453
Back