Cheetah3D v6 is out

Congratulations on the new release!

The physics engine seems extremely useful and well implemented. The examples are good. Metaballs could be fun and useful. The new modifiers are a good addition too. A very solid update.

I had a chance to visit the new websites and I think it's well done and the home page is really good looking... TerryG's pirate seems made for it indeed!

I have a couple of suggestions though if you don't mind:

1) put more images in the homepage slideshow because 2 it really too little (it may cause someone think there's not enough good stuff made with cheetah...!). I would understand to have one single static image but if you go for the slideshow... feed it up! ;)

2) the images in the banners of secondary pages: being a very narrow format they could use some panning in Ken Burns style I think...

just my 2c of course

oh... and thanks for featuring some of my work => honored!

cheers,
Alessandro

I had a chance to visit the new websites and I think it's well done and the home page is really good looking... TerryG's pirate seems made for it indeed!

I have a couple of suggestions though if you don't mind:

1) put more images in the homepage slideshow because 2 it really too little (it may cause someone think there's not enough good stuff made with cheetah...!). I would understand to have one single static image but if you go for the slideshow... feed it up! ;)

2) the images in the banners of secondary pages: being a very narrow format they could use some panning in Ken Burns style I think...

just my 2c of course

oh... and thanks for featuring some of my work => honored!

cheers,
Alessandro

I agree. Two pictures doesn't seem like enough. :-|

-- GS.

Bug Report: When I imported a FBX file, all the textures were black. I discovered that the Texture's Mix color was set to Black. When I changed it to White, the texture appeared normally.

In previous versions, the Mix Color was White.

The fastest workaround is to import the FBX in Cheetah 5.8, save as a JAS, then open with Cheetah 6.0

Last edited:
Not sure you want a pirate on your home page if you're selling digital goods ;-) but yeah npthe new site looks great.

Update to 6

Hello Martin,
Congrats. I am a register user purchased in Feb 2012.
I downloaded v6, and installed.
But when I un Cheetah, it just shows 5.8.
I am running OSX 10.6.8

Thanks

Hello Martin,
Congrats. I am a register user purchased in Feb 2012.
I downloaded v6, and installed.
But when I un Cheetah, it just shows 5.8.
I am running OSX 10.6.8

Thanks

if you're launching from the dock it may link to the old version... try starting from /Applications

Hi.. finally managed to download Cheetah 6 this morning.. it was a problem at my end. :redface:

Now I have another problem.. I tried to use my old registation code to register but it won't accept it. I 'copy and paste' so that I wouldn't get it wrong..

Now I have another problem.. I tried to use my old registation code to register but it won't accept it. I 'copy and paste' so that I wouldn't get it wrong..

Hi,
the upgrade is only free for users who bought Cheetah3D 5.x after Dec. 12th 2010. If you bought Cheetah3D before that time your regnumber won't work for v6 anymore and you need a v6 Upgarde for $69.

Kind regards
Martin

In previous versions, the Mix Color was White.

The fastest workaround is to import the FBX in Cheetah 5.8, save as a JAS, then open with Cheetah 6.0

Hi,
that is a little bit a problem since I want to import and export the MIX color. But on the other side is it often set wrong which causes that problem. The only solution might be to add a preferences option to disable import/export of the mix color.

Bye
Martin

Thank you Martin... went back and checked... didn't realise I had had it that long.. October 2010.. will have to buy it after payday.. :smile:

Hi Alessandro,
the new webpage is just the starting point. I want to extend it in the future. I had the old webpage 5 years and I hope to have the new one at least as long.:smile:

Point 1) is definitely on my todo list. I want to have a slide for every main feature of Cheetah3D. That's just a matter of time.

Bye
Martin

Hi,
and thank you very much for all your nice comments and congratulations. I highly appreciate them.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Martin, you have a golden app. Thanks for making this "affortable". And also a special thanks to this community for helping me all the time :)

In my brief chance to play with this new version - wow! The bullet physics are amazing and so much fun to play with! Congrats on another great release of a truly wonderful app!

Question about upgrading..

I have a 'theoretical' question:

I bought 5.5 before the free upgrade cutoff. So my options are upgrade for $69 or buy it on the app store for $99.

Will upgrades on the app store be free forever, or for a longer period of time than future upgrades outside of the app store. At this time I don't know of any way to do paid upgrades inside of the app store, although I expect apple will eventually add this ability.

Are there any differences between the two versions? Sandboxed vs not? Any reason why it's better to have one over the other? Either way?

EDIT.. just realized a 2nd question. I also originally bought the beginner's guide for 5.5. Are you guys going to do a guide like this for 6.0?

Back