Cheetah v7, hope and advice to support the Chinese language

Cheetah v7, hope and advice to support the Chinese language

I've always liked this software Cheetah3D, Cheetah3D but has been unable to support the Chinese language (Only the Japanese language support), hope Cheetah3d v7 can support Chinese language , the picture below is my own using Google translation , but there are many incorrect want Cheetah3D v7 have official Chinese language support . TK!

Original:
我一直很喜歡 Cheetah3D 這個軟體, 但是 Cheetah3D 一直無法支持中文語系 (只有支持日本語系) 希望 Cheetah3D v7 能夠支持中文語系, 下面圖片是我自己使用 Google翻譯, 但是有許多不正確, 希望 Cheetah3D v7 官方有可以支持中文語系。

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 01.07.06 ??.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-04 at 01.07.06 ??.png
    227.9 KB · Views: 342
This seems like something Martin could do fairly simply by doing some kind of automatic translation and then letting Chinese speaking users send corrections.

E.g. take the English, German, and Japanese localized text, autotranslate from each term into Chinese. When there's a divergence of translation pick the majority. When all three differ, flag it. And set the tooltips to contain the original (English, say) text so that someone fluent in both languages can easily determine what a given piece of text is _supposed_ to say.

Another alternative is to find someone in a local university and pay them to do the translation (or to vet the automatic translation). I imagine the effort would be quickly repaid.

Hi,
I'm sorry but I probably won't add another localisation to Cheetah3D. I simply can't handle more localisations.

Localising the UI once would indeed be easy but that's just 5% of the rent. The localised UI would be quite worthless without a localised documentation. And localising 200 pages of documentation is quite some work. But even that would be just the tip of the iceberg since every localisation also has to be kept up-to-date.

So I would say I've already reached the maximum number of localisations I can handle. Every additional localisation would eat up even more of my already very limited coding time. Sorry.

Bye
Martin

Hi Kondou
* FWIW: Acquiring the very limited vocabulary which is necessary to use the C3D application should be a minor effort effort for ESL speakers.
* I suggest that a suitable qualified speaker of Chinese languages may accumulate a list of keywords to support Chinese C3D users. Such a list could be constructed as a simplish Java script and be displayed in the terminal panel on demand.
* I apologise for my screen shot, which shows some - possibly meaningless - ideograms. I possess no knowledge of Chinese characters.

* I also suspect that many native English speakers who have had little prior exposure to geometry / optics / etc need to research some of the terms used in the UI for parameters before they can use such tools intuitively and constructively.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 20.27.26.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 20.27.26.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 258
Hi,
I'm sorry but I probably won't add another localisation to Cheetah3D. I simply can't handle more localisations.

Localising the UI once would indeed be easy but that's just 5% of the rent. The localised UI would be quite worthless without a localised documentation. And localising 200 pages of documentation is quite some work. But even that would be just the tip of the iceberg since every localisation also has to be kept up-to-date.

So I would say I've already reached the maximum number of localisations I can handle. Every additional localisation would eat up even more of my already very limited coding time. Sorry.

Bye
Martin

dear Martin:

I know that localization is a very hard work, thank you hard.

I have an idea,

the "Localizable.strings" file to add a more 'tip' field.

users can define their own prompted of this command.

Attachments

• Untitled-4.png
    Untitled-4.png
    91 KB · Views: 242
Hi,
I'm sorry but I would still have the problem with maintaining the localization. I'm really sorry but it is absolutely impossible for me to maintain more than 3 localizations. Cheetah3D is way to complex to do that.

Bye
Martin

Back