Different Way to Quote Member's Posts

Different Way to Quote Member's Posts

When wanting tio quote another Forum member's post I noticed there are different ways to do it.

How does one do it so it shows like attached Example A rather than attached Example B?

In example A the quote box states "Originally Posted by (the person'a name)" and has an arrow pointing down to the quote.
In example B the quote box only contains a copy of the statement.

Thank You

My Best 2U
Jeanny

Attachments

• Example A.png
    Example A.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Example B.png
    Example B.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 245
You can achieve this with 2 different "clicks":
A. will quote all content from a post while
B. will just quote selected/copy&pasted text within the reply editor:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• Quotes.jpeg
    Quotes.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 241
Dah! Of Course! That is what it says: "Quote"
Leave it to me to miss that.

Thanks Frank

My Best 2U
Jeanny

Dah! Of Course! That is what it says: "Quote"
Leave it to me to miss that.

Thanks Frank

My Best 2U
Jeanny
Don't feel bad you are not the only one who missed that button. It was years of forum participation before I myself asked the very same question!

It was years of forum participation before I myself asked the very same question!

It still irks me that it quotes the whole message (but not nested quotes) rather than letting you pick a selection (given that just getting the selection is totally doable). So I usually (as in this case) end up doing one of: copy-and-paste and use the quote button, or quote button plus deleting stuff.

It still irks me that it quotes the whole message (but not nested quotes) rather than letting you pick a selection (given that just getting the selection is totally doable). So I usually (as in this case) end up doing one of: copy-and-paste and use the quote button, or quote button plus deleting stuff.

Agreed.Me too had to add Me too, cause the message was too short.

Back