Open files from the dock icon

Open files from the dock icon

Hi, folks.
First of all, to introduce myself, I am a chef by trade who earns beer money/bottles of whisky by doing some graphics for the desperate.
I've been using Cheetah since v5, & have loved it's power & intuitiveness, but have found one thing to be a minor PITA - if I'm working on a file, quit Cheetah, do something else (go to work for example) & come back to it, when I click & hold on the dock icon, I don't get the last file I was working on as the bottom-most, but the one before it. In fact, the last file I was working on doesn't appear on the list until after a re-start.
Obviously I can start up Cheetah, & then use the "open recent" menu, but that's a couple of mouse clicks more than is optimum. Am I being a bit stupid, or is this normal behaviour?
I should say, I've been haunting this forum for a couple of years, & think it's one of the best.
Thanks in advance for your time.

First I think you could probably be more specific telling us what MacOSX and Cheetah3d version you´re using at least - before I say it´s all working under Yosemite here. ;)

Cheers
Frank

Hi,
and welcome to the forum.

I can confirm that problem on OS X 10.11. But I'm having that problem with all applications I've tested. Since the context menu of the dock with the most recently used files is created by OS X automatically that seems to be a OS X problem. So that problem is out of my control. I can just hope that Apple will address that bug in the future.

Bye
Martin

Hi,
and welcome to the forum.

I can confirm that problem on OS X 10.11. But I'm having that problem with all applications I've tested. Since the context menu of the dock with the most recently used files is created by OS X automatically that seems to be a OS X problem. So that problem is out of my control. I can just hope that Apple will address that bug in the future.

Bye
Martin

Thanks, Martin, for your reply.
Yes, I am using 10.11.5 and must admit that I hadn't noticed the problem with other applications. Hopefully Apple will sort the bug in the future.

Back