Offset animation timing of many objects at once

Possible to offset animation timing of many objects at once?

I really like using Cheetah 3D for animation, even using it for some tasks that are mostly 2D. And in those animations, I really like cascading effects, where elements have their animation timing offset.

uktAQgd.gif

CLnRI4P.gif

But, it’s a very tedious process, using my current workflows. I can select all the keyframes for a single object and drag them left and right, but I haven’t found a way to do it for multiple objects, or all the objects within a group.

SRu5h74.jpg

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Does anyone have any tips for nudging animation keyframes? Applying a timing offset to the contents of a group would be amazing, if that is possible.

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
You can´t apply keyframes to grouped objects - but in case of the "jumping boxes" you just need 1 and copy&paste the keyframes with an offset (or slide all selected keyframes at once in time) to other objects.
Here´s a similar case with just 2 keyframes when you got an optimized set-up.
Hiroto has published a script which allows time remapping and off-setting and other goodies to keyframes called f-Curve-utility.js

Cheers
Frank

You can´t apply keyframes to grouped objects - but in case of the "jumping boxes" you just need 1 and copy&paste the keyframes with an offset (or slide all selected keyframes at once in time) to other objects.
Yep, the jumping boxes example is easy to duplicate. I’m hoping to build examples with 10s or 100s of objects in the future.

Here´s a similar case with just 2 keyframes when you got an optimized set-up.
Hiroto has published a script which allows time remapping and off-setting and other goodies to keyframes called f-Curve-utility.js
Thanks! The thread definitely has some good examples. I think I need to get familiar with the Creator. I’ve installed F-Curve Utility, too. Looks like it has some very handy features.

Back