Cheetah3D Animation test

VERY NICE!! I'm also trying a fly-over /orbit rendering, but I can't seem to connect the camera to a path or something. What are your glass settings btw?

peer said:
VERY NICE!! I'm also trying a fly-over /orbit rendering, but I can't seem to connect the camera to a path or something. What are your glass settings btw?

Are you setting the keyframes properly? It's hard to tell unless you describe what you are trying to do. Can you give us a description of what you have tried so far?

I'll check my glass settings when I get to work and post them.

Well, I thought it was possible to connect a camera to a path, so that it would follow that path, but it's not possible yet. I tried a circular orbit around a simple object with 4 keyframes at every corner. I just have to tweak it a little bit I think. I'll try some more and will post something.

peer said:
Well, I thought it was possible to connect a camera to a path, so that it would follow that path, but it's not possible yet. I tried a circular orbit around a simple object with 4 keyframes at every corner. I just have to tweak it a little bit I think. I'll try some more and will post something.

I think that's on Martins's to do list. That must be some list by now Martin. Getting any sleep?

Here are my windows setting for the building animation. I don't usually use 1 for transparency, but with the HDRI you get a nice reflection that defines the plane of the window so it doesn't look empty.

Attachments

• windows_818.jpg
    windows_818.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,463
Hi Jake,
as always you are the first who uses the new tools. :wink:

Very nice work. I looking forward to your next creations. :D

By,
Martin

Here's another fresh off the press. Messing around with changing speed, camera angles and smoothing my transitions for keyframe to keyframe.

http://www.designorg.com/cheetah3D/finalLamp.mov

Total render time 3.5 hours @ 600x350 for 10 seconds
Ambient Occlusion
Over sampling 1, 8
6 lights

You can see a white square in the animation. That was a fill card to get better reflection on the shades. Also two of the lights are not visible under the shades because they were spots. The one point cast a nice light and lights up the shade from below for a more realistic look.

If I had some photon-mapping I could make some lightbulbs Martin! :)

Back