Render preview

Render preview

I think Max has this? It would be great to be able to select a small area of your model/view and render full quality as a test. This would save countless hours I would think.

Cheers!

I think Max has this? It would be great to be able to select a small area of your model/view and render full quality as a test. This would save countless hours I would think.

Cheers!

That would be nice.

And I would like to have an option to define preview settings for camera/hdri/caustics/radiosity.
You could just copy/paste the current camera object and apply the "lite" preview settings to it. But then syncing between both camera settings would be quite a P.I.T.A.

What I thought about is an option to define alternative "preview" values for the following settings:
• Radiosity samples
• Caustucs samples
• DOF samples
• Camera oversampling pass 1&2
(that's what came to my mind at first glance)

You can make a copy of your camera and set this to low renderoptions. This way you can make faster previews and use the original camera to render the final image.

Regards,

Peter

You can make a copy of your camera and set this to low renderoptions. This way you can make faster previews and use the original camera to render the final image.

Regards,

Peter

I know. Just what I said in my last post:
You could just copy/paste the current camera object and apply the "lite" preview settings to it. But then syncing between both camera settings would be quite a P.I.T.A.
But as I also mentioned you would have to sync all fog/dof/target/etc. tags (if you have them) as well which "would be quite a P.I.T.A."

One of the other few nice features of POV-Ray was that you could express a single number to set the global quality of the render:

0-1: Just show quick colors. Use full ambient lighting only.
2-3: Quick colors. Show specified diffuse and ambient light.
4: Quick colors. Render shadows, but no extended lights.
5: Quick colors. Render shadows, including extended lights.
6-7: Compute texture patterns, compute photons
8: Compute reflected, refracted, and transmitted rays.
9+: Compute media and radiosity

Back