Bullet Time Attractor Test

Bullet Time Attractor Test

So tonight I messed with a bit of dynamics. I am rendering now so, I hope by morning its done. Here is 1 frame from this short little dynamic animation.

image.png

My intent is to render this out bringing the footage into apple motion. Add some post effects and sound effects.

I am digging cheetah3d it really is really easy and fun to noodle around in. I find that in some other apps there so much that it becomes cumbersome to get around or really understand what is going on.

Thanks Martin! I can't wait to see how this app grows. Ohh, I just gonna brain dump two thought I had today while playing around in Cheetah3d. 1 I wish you can import a sound clip to animate timing too. 2. It also would be nice if you had multi-pass rendering capabilities. Thats it for now.... :p

Last edited:
Bullet Dynamics, Attraction animation

Here is the video render. It actually rendered quicker then I thought.

http://vimeo.com/92025869

Anyway, I like the look of my lighting but it not exactly what im going for so I will continue to play with it. Any thoughts or advice is welcome.

Cheers!

I should have said he's the first person I've seen use the effect, I never rendered the sample file.

Thanks for the reminder though, I'll have to play with it. :icon_thumbup:

Thanks Everyone!

I am new to this cheetah3d thing. I have been noodling around different aspects of ita bit. I saw the effect being used in a video using another application and thought well hell Cheetah using the same bullet dynamic system so I decide let me try at create the same effect Anyway, I am not done yet and I am probably going to get back to this this weekend.

WORK IS GETTING IN THE WAY RIGHT NOW GRRR!

Last edited:
Finally I understand

I was not quote getting the look in the lighting I was going for, but now I understand. I am rendering another movie but here is a still image.

bulletdynamics_1.png

bulletdynamics_mixmediasalad.jpg

Last edited:

Nice design work, you might try putting a Subdivision Modifier set to Catmull-Clark 3,
into the large sphere to eliminate the flat spots.

Nice design work, you might try putting a Subdivision Modifier set to Catmull-Clark 3,
into the large sphere to eliminate the flat spots.

Thank You! I posted my animation somewhere else and someone assumed it was done in another similar expensive package and I chuckled. I love how someone can look at something and assume because of the style it got to be done on a certain 3D platform . I wish people would understand that now a days Many of these applications can deliver on the industry standards. It just a tool people, the style or the art revolves around the technique and creativity! I do admit though I love telling people I created this on a 70 dollar application as they beat their heads trying to come to grips with the interface of their very expensive 3D package. I like Cheetah 3d because in many aspects it just gets out of your way. It a perfect tool for a solo designer that needs to get up to speed on 3D. I think Cheetah 3d Should be used in school at least when teaching the fundamentals of 3d.

I am learning a lot while tinkering in this app than if I were to be messing around in other apps.

Anyway, I took your advice and applied the subdivision modifier. I set it to Catmull Clark. I don't see Catmull Clark 3 as an option.

I have a question. What is the difference between the other 2 options?

Stam Loop and Linear? I can visual see the difference with linear but Stam Loop I do not see. When or why would i use the other two option? I Assume there got to be some benefit or it would not be there.

Thanks Zoo Head and by the way I love your work! :icon_thumbup: :smile:

Nice mock-up.
Anyway, I took your advice and applied the subdivision modifier. I set it to Catmull Clark. I don't see Catmull Clark 3 as an option.

I have a question. What is the difference between the other 2 options?

Stam Loop and Linear? I can visual see the difference with linear but Stam Loop I do not see. When or why would i use the other two option? I Assume there got to be some benefit or it would not be there.
"3" is the option=iterations.
StamLoop works on tris&quads mixed meshes without changing tris into quads like Catmull&Clark does.
Linear will tesselate without "smoothing".

It´s all in the "Help"!

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• SubDIMoResults.jpeg
    SubDIMoResults.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 278
Nice mock-up.

"3" is the option=iterations.
StamLoop works on tris&quads mixed meshes without changing tris into quads like Catmull&Clark does.
Linear will tesselate without "smoothing".

It´s all in the "Help"!

Cheers
Frank

Thanks frank as you posted this I just found it in the help. So shame on me for not looking there before asking the question. Thank You for taking the time to explain. :)

Just a little trivia: The Catmull Clarke algorithm was created by
Edwin Catmull, now the big boss at Pixar and Jim Clark in 1978.
The other was created by Jos Stam and Charles Loop.

I was never very good at math in school, I'm glad these guys were.

Back