.jas file to unity missing objects and texture

.jas file to unity missing objects and texture

Hello All,

Created my play scene for unity game engine and saved it as .jas file.

Some objects are missing and no texture. Rendered fine on cheetah. Also, Unity gave me an error " cheetah can not import file to fbx". So I exported my .jas file to .fbx, no error on unity but some objects still missing, tried saving file as .fbx, same problem(some objects missing and no texture). Texture I used are .jpg formats.

When I converted the .jas to .fbx on cheetah some of the objects and texture are missing. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any help.
Ray

Hi,
normally the .jas import in Unity works quite well. Did you use Cheetah3D 2.5 and Unity 1.1.1?

What objects are missing? Splines and lights won't be exported. At the moment just polygonal objects are exported.

Unity ignores all textures which are outside the "Assets" folder.
These are the pathes where Unity searches for textures:

- the absoluten path
- the relativen path
- the name of the texture within the folder of the .jas or .fbx file
- within the "textures folder"
- finally it searches the texture down the hirarchy of the "textures" folder.

Unity also requires that the textures have a power of two resolution like 64x64, 128x128, 256x256 etc.

By,
Martin

Trying again

Hi Martin,

Unity version 1.1.1 Cheetah version 2.5

Trying to redo the platform scene but creating the boxes without cutting and pasting(cut and pasted on the first one). not sure if that's causing it.

some of my objects that are not included in the platform scene loaded properly(including textures). dedicated objects / characters.

The first try, when I converted the .jas files to .fbx in Cheetah, I lost some of the objects, I think I'm doing something to Cheetah that it doesn't want to purr. :D

So far the redo of the platform scene saved as .jas was accepted by unity with out losing my plane and the 4 boxes that I included. Will be adding more boxes(one at a time) and just keep checking if unity will take all of it or not.

Thanks,
Ray

Edit...
Hi Martin,

After rebuilding the platform Unity accepted everything with out a hitch (using .jas). On my first attempt I found out that some textures was not in the correct format 128, 256, 512 etc. So far everything is good.

Thanks again,
Ray

Back