What's happened to Jake ?

What's happened to Jake ?

Anyone know ? He hasn't been seen around here for over 12 months - I drool over his amazing renderings.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul.
I don´t know what happened to Jake (Jeff), but you can find him at CGarchitect or PushPullBar and some modo forums I believe - if you need to. ;)

With kindest regards
Frank

Frank + wal

thanks both for your reply.

I was curious to know what happened to him as I recall he was a big fan of Cheetah3D, and used to talk about it and post renderings on architosh.com, which is a website for Mac based CAD users. Following on from Frank's suggestions, I checked out the modo forums and it seems as though he is now using modo. Looks like a nice piece of software, but $900 USD ? Yikes !

Thanks.

I think you're right he found modo and sadly left cheetah behind.

I think it was around the time Martin was working on improving the interior lighting.

As he posted a few trials with interior tests in Modo and Cheetah ( and we have had a few other head to heads on this subject elsewhere in this forum)

I know that Jake is a big fan of Piranesi and likes to mix the mediums.

And maybe cheetah 5 will lure him back ?

Regards

Luke

Hi Luke,

when he is working with Modo I could imagine that he will wait and check out what render possibilities Cheetah3D will provide in the new version.

So let's wait, render and see ;)

cheers
wolfgang

Thanks Luke,

yes let's hope he returns. Actually, you're no slouch in the rendering department either. Love your work.

Paul

Back