Tongue Tied

Tongue Tied

I created the following image of a tongue in Photoshop. I really wanted to model it in 3-D, but I wound up wasting way too much time.

tongue.jpg

I don't have a lot of experience with organic modeling, so I was hoping someone might be willing to share their thoughts on how they would approach this modeling task. I'm not looking for a detailed tutorial or for someone to model it for me; but if someone wanted to provide an overview as to how they would go about modeling such an object, I would be very grateful. I particularly had trouble trying to get the groove in the middle of the tongue. If I can understand how to create this form, I think it will go a long way toward helping me in future modeling tasks.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

-Steve

I just hat to take fast go at it, its not perfect, but I think it is something to start out from!
tongue.jpg

Here are the file, please use it if you want to!View attachment Tongue.zip

It really needs some tweeking to get it up to the level of your picture tough!:smile:

I guess the best way to do it is to use your image as a reference image and import it into the blueprint object and start with a box that you tweek so that it looks like the shape of your tongue.

I started out with a box now, that I added geometry to the places that I needed geometry and tweeked it on freehand looking at the picture. I have previously made a tutorial on how to use the blueprint object if you haven`t used it before.

You can find a link to the blueprint tutorial in the cheetah3d Wiki at this link: http://www.cheetah3d.de/wiki/index.php5?title=Modeling it is called blueprint.

Last edited:
Back