License question

License question

I have installed cheetah on my g5 at work, and love it ( thanks to help from folks here ).

I'm curious if the license allows me to install it on my laptop as well? I'm working on a rendering for work, and frankly, my newish MBP is a lot faster than my oldish g5. If I could render on my MBP, I'd probably save a lot of time.

Is this allowed? I don't want my license # invalidated; I'm certainly not intending to pirate :smile:

It is a single user license, and as far as I know there is no limitations on how many computers you can use it on as long as you are the user. So I am pretty sure you can use it on both your laptop and desktop without Martin stepping up at your doorstep an say no... no... thats not allowed! At least I use it on both my desktop and laptop, and he has not knocked on my door....;)

It is a single user license, and as far as I know there is no limitations on how many computers you can use it on as long as you are the user. So I am pretty sure you can use it on both your laptop and desktop without Martin stepping up at your doorstep an say no... no... thats not allowed! At least I use it on both my desktop and laptop, and he has not knocked on my door....;)

Great! Thanks,

Really nice to see that there are still some very honest people left.

:redface:

I write a lot of software -- admittedly, all of it open source ( OpenGL stuff, & Cocoa ) -- but I respect the work that is involved since I do it too.

Also, I'm an adult with a job, I like to pay for good software and encourage the ecosystem!

Hi,
you are allowed to install Cheetah3D on your desktop Mac and your laptop. No problem.

Bye,
Martin

Back