New to cheetah, having an odd rendering problem

New to cheetah, having an odd rendering problem

First, I want to say I'm very happy with Cheetah. I've been doing game programming and robotics simulation for years, but have only used Wings3D for modeling. Cheetah has proven to be very nice, easy to learn.

So that being said, this is my first animation ( in fact, my first non-hello-world cheetah project ) and I'm experiencing something really odd.

I modeled my character -- a simple articulated robot -- and got the materials and rendering working well. Here's a rendering:

Full.png

Then, I got started with the animation. While animating -- specifically, editing a spline motion path -- I turned off and back on the robot's rendering many times, since I have a slowish, oldish g5.

Now, when I render, I only get the wheel at the bottom:

WheelOnly.png

I have NO idea what's going on! I've checked that all the objects are set to render in the final rendering ( they are ) I've checked that the materials are sane, they seem to be.

So, I'm assuming I turned something off, somewhere. But I can't figure out what. Can anybody here help me trouble shoot? Since I'm new to Cheetah I don't have the kind of real world experience to know what kind of setting or parameters I might have junked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Please post the file as an attachment(.zip) so we can have a look at it!

And your model looks really nice, I like it!;)

Last edited:
The project can be downloaded here:

http://shamyl.zakariya.net/etc/RobotTrouble.zip

There are two files -- one which is just the robot, the other which is a crude animation of the robot. Both exhibit the rendering problem for me...

Now, that being said, I'm leaving for a wedding in boston in about an hour and need to pack. I really appreciate any help you guys can get me, but I won't be able to check back to this forum until monday afternoon. :frown:

The problem is your bolean, you have put the hip and the suspension into the bolean, so if you take them out of the bolean and drop them into "wheel" they will render.:smile:

The problem is your bolean, you have put the hip and the suspension into the bolean, so if you take them out of the bolean and drop them into "wheel" they will render.:smile:

You did it! Thanks!

I'm going to have to remember to use folders to nest stuff. Looks like I was a bit hasty with my heirarchy.

Back