More Crashing

More Crashing

Cheetah does not stop the render right away anymore and is crashing, the beach ball spins and the program is not responsive when I stop the render.

What is your email again Martin and I'll send the scene?

What is your email again Martin and I'll send the scene?

I honestly believe that you should think twice, if you can take the time, before posting this kind of post.
And there is not even a simple "Please" or "Thank you" ... !
You have more than a 1000 posts in a little over a year and you still don't know Martin's email ? Please give us a break ! Do you know how to use bookmarks ?
You are one of the few guys that's always complaining that Cheetah3D doesn't have that "special feature that you absolutely need". And you want Martin or somebody else to spend time to post his email just for you rather than writing more code ? Just because you don't want to spend the time to search yourself ? I think that you are really pushing the limits too far .... !!!
Now, a hint, just for you : the forum and/or the web site are full of the correct email address, providing you know how to do a simple search ! If not, maybe just go for a simple walk, that should be easy !

I honestly believe that you should think twice, if you can take the time, before posting this kind of post.
And there is not even a simple "Please" or "Thank you" ... !
You have more than a 1000 posts in a little over a year and you still don't know Martin's email ? Please give us a break ! Do you know how to use bookmarks ?
You are one of the few guys that's always complaining that Cheetah3D doesn't have that "special feature that you absolutely need". And you want Martin or somebody else to spend time to post his email just for you rather than writing more code ? Just because you don't want to spend the time to search yourself ? I think that you are really pushing the limits too far .... !!!
Now, a hint, just for you : the forum and/or the web site are full of the correct email address, providing you know how to do a simple search ! If not, maybe just go for a simple walk, that should be easy !

Take a hike, and I mean it.

First you provoke and then you make idle threats. If you would mind your own business and not interject your opinion from the start we could move on, though I find you mildly amusing.

Which at the end of it all brings us back to a reliable autosave-Has anyone got the autosave to function? The files generated seem to dissappear once cheetah has closed or crashed, which serves little purpose. Can anyone verify this?

Cheers

AaronC

Which at the end of it all brings us back to a reliable autosave-Has anyone got the autosave to function? The files generated seem to dissappear once cheetah has closed or crashed, which serves little purpose. Can anyone verify this?

Cheers

AaronC

No - the autosave works just fine for me.

Beach ball spinning and app crashing are two different stories. When you start a complex scene and noticed that it´s going to take some time you won´t spend and hit the "stop" button, Cheetah3d needs at least to finish one bucket. There never was an instant break via stop render.
So I assume you won´t let Cheetah to end the last command. You can instantly stop Cheetah from running via alt+command+esc.

No - the autosave works just fine for me.
Thats promising. When I close a scene my autosave file vanishes into thin air. I can only assume It would do the same in a crash scenario.

Luckily I havent had a crash for a while, which means I will get complacent and forget to save again, resulting in agony if and when a crash does occur...

I'd like to enable autosave before that happens, Im using 4.6b2, has autosave has been worked on since then?

Cheers
AaronC

Hi,
you are describing the normal auto-save bahaviour. Once the scene was saved successfully into the original file the auto-save file gets deleted since it is no longer needed. You already have a valid copy of your scene in the original file.

If the app crashes there is no time to delete the auto-save file so it will be maintained.

See also the Apple documentation to understand how auto-save works:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Documents/Articles/Autosaving.html

Bye,
Martin

If the render is so slow that one bucket takes a serious amount of time to render, then you'll get no response for some time after clicking stop.

The question is, is C3D unresponsive in other ways (e.g. can you create a new document?) If so, then it may have crashed. (Usually I can continue to use C3D while rendering -- as long as I leave the scene being rendered alone.)

Back