Benchmarking

Benchmarking

Depending which other graphics forums you visit, you may already know about the 3D Speed Machine.

The reason I'm posting about it here is that Cheetah3D is explicitly mentioned on their "software and plugins they're seeking" list, here.

I took a brief crack at setting up their default scene with all the goodies this morning, but I just wasn't doing it justice. I don't consider myself an expert with this program yet anyway. Most people here can probably do better.

Is this of burning, immediate interest, or is this something best saved for the advanced materials editor and other unknown improvements in C3D5?

I have just downloaded the scene and will have a look today at it to see what i can come up with ! :)

Thanks for pointing that out. :icon_thumbup:

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Last edited:
OK, so i have made the scene compatible with Cheetah and tried to be as near as possible to the original. :)

I have attached a small render to show what i come up with.
The render time on my low end iMac is about 8', though it could probably be faster, but i thought it was a "good" rendering time, not too long and not too short, otherwise those of you with 8cores wouldn't even notice you started the render ! ;)

I have one problem though : i have a texture map for the bump of the water and Cheetah seems to keep the textures with absolute path ! :confused:

Do someone know how to avoid this limitation ?

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Attachments

• benchmark.jpg
    benchmark.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 176
Back