Odd textures.

Odd textures.

Hi folks.

I'm working on texturing a car.
I have a problem with textures using pictures. I've tried everything but couldn't find the solution... So, as everytime, I'm asking you guys !

Well, here's a hood. The green one is ok, but when I try to apply a very simple texture (checker), I have this wierd result (ok, it's maybe cool, but it's not what I'm looking for). So I've tried to change "object" for "wolrd" mode in the texture tag, and I got anoter "cool-but-not-cool" result. Here're some pics, and even the .jas file, if someone want to play with it.
Just so you know, I didn't play that much with the texture settings...

What must I do to apply this very simple texture, and to make it follow the object shapes ? What am I doing wrong ?

jas file : http://gnamouric.free.fr/cheetah3D/hood.zip

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!

g

Attachments

• capture 124.jpg
    capture 124.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 244
  • capture 125.jpg
    capture 125.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 242
  • capture 126.jpg
    capture 126.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 237
  • capture 123.jpg
    capture 123.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 236
  • checker-test.png
    checker-test.png
    371 bytes · Views: 243
Cool car ! :icon_thumbup:
Is it a Toyota ? ;)

As for the texture problem, i don't know so i'm afraid i wont be of any help... :redface:
But i sure hope one of the Cheetah Masters will find a solution for you, as it should be a really nice render once the modeling is done. :cool:

Sorry for this unuseful post... :frown:

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

That looks like a Ford, is it a Focus? Is it for fine modeling or a game?
Anyway, what you need, if I understand correctly, is UV mapping. Do a search on UV mapping, I think there are a few threads that deal with this. Also, the Cheetah tutorials have a UV mapping section, the one with the piggy bank.

Hi.
If you´re not going for UV layout (that would be a pain with this kind of mesh) I would try the UV mapper with flat projection. You will get kind of distortion/stretching at the sides, but have a look into the file and check out if this is working for you. (Hah - if I could email it to you ;) )

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• FlatProjection.jpg
    FlatProjection.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 229
  • CheckeredHood.jpg
    CheckeredHood.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 229
Great !!! It works perfectly !
Thanks you very very much.
By the way, it's a Yaris :)
Yes you can always count on "Sir Frank Beckmann" :cool: to help with the In and Out of Cheetah ! :icon_thumbup:
Nobody, even Martin himself, seems to know as much as Frank ! :D

Oh, and by the way i knew it was a Toyota ! ;)

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Last edited:
Back