Render nodes?

No, it's not unfortunately.

Adding rudimentary AppleScript support to C3D would at least let you hack a workaround.

Yeah if I were Martin I'd implement render nodes and sell it as a "pro" feature. It wouldn't be hard and easy money.

Yeah if I were Martin I'd implement render nodes and sell it as a "pro" feature.

Good idea, thats the plan.

It wouldn't be hard and easy money.

Unluckily doing it right is considerable work. Even "Pro renderers" have problems with efficiently sharing irradiance cache computations between rendering nodes for example. Doing network rendering is much more work than just spitting up a image in small pieces and letting it render on various nodes. At least if you use irradiance caching.

But rendering nodes are quite high on my private todo list. But for the first my main focus is still on accelerating the renderer itself. For example rendering glass is already multiple times faster under 5.0.

Bye,
Martin

Unluckily doing it right is considerable work. Even "Pro renderers" have problems with efficiently sharing irradiance cache computations between rendering nodes for example. Doing network rendering is much more work than just spitting up a image in small pieces and letting it render on various nodes. At least if you use irradiance caching.

You'd know better than I.

Just sending separate frames to different nodes would be a huge win for a lot of people. Indeed, just being able to pass renders off to a second machine would be a huge win for a lot of people (myself included).

But rendering nodes are quite high on my private todo list. But for the first my main focus is still on accelerating the renderer itself. For example rendering glass is already multiple times faster under 5.0.

Bye,
Martin
Ho ho, here you have my highest interest ! :p
The more i hear of v5 or see anything done with it, the more i would like to have it NOW ! ;)
Can't wait to test it, i'm sure it'll be a killer ! :icon_thumbup:

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Back