Cartoon Face Modeling

Cartoon Face Modeling

I'm working on modeling a guy for a game that I've been loosely working on, and have run into a wall with the head. I found a good tutorial on CGArena that I posted in the tutorials section, but this tutorial is for realistic head modeling, which doesn't fit with the cartoon style I'm going for. I think another problem is that I've got a kind of lousy blueprint to work with. I guess I could just go through this tutorial until I get it down well enough to improvise, but I'm wondering if anyone on here(such as Frank Beckmann) has any time-saving ideas and techniques.
Below is my shot at a head based on the CGArena tutorial, and I've also attached my blueprints.

Attachments

• front.png
    front.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 2,585
  • side.png
    side.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 743
  • murph.png
    murph.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 767
I'm working on modeling a guy for a game that I've been loosely working on, and have run into a wall with the head. I found a good tutorial on CGArena that I posted in the tutorials section, but this tutorial is for realistic head modeling, which doesn't fit with the cartoon style I'm going for. I think another problem is that I've got a kind of lousy blueprint to work with. I guess I could just go through this tutorial until I get it down well enough to improvise, but I'm wondering if anyone on here(such as Frank Beckmann) has any time-saving ideas and techniques.
Below is my shot at a head based on the CGArena tutorial, and I've also attached my blueprints.

Try this: http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=4276

Thanks for the reply!
There are a couple problems with the link you posted for what I'm doing, one of them being that I am going for an angular look rather than smooth. That method also seems to be a bit hit-and-miss, you don't seem to have much control over the final result, whereas I am going for a very definite look with this model.
Thanks for your help!

Maybe try starting with something basic like this? jas attached. A simple box with a few ring cuts.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,053
  • head.jas.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 269
Back