Fog Dimensions

Fog Dimensions

The capability to alter dimensions for fog would be a great addition to Cheetah3D. It's rather limited as it is and does not give the ability to set a width, height or volume (density is about as close as it gets). No, I'm not talking about hard-defined measurements, but feathered ones, where the user can set the level of fall-off.

Fog in Falcon renderer

The capability to alter dimensions for fog would be a great addition to Cheetah3D. It's rather limited as it is and does not give the ability to set a width, height or volume (density is about as close as it gets). No, I'm not talking about hard-defined measurements, but feathered ones, where the user can set the level of fall-off.

Up vote :icon_thumbup:

Would this feature actually be considered volumetric material?

Also, would be nice to have fog tag work in Falcon renderer.

Edit: Fixed typo error ... "volumetric" material, not "metric" material

Last edited:
I'm going to have to wrap my mind around the "norm" node.

Ok, but don't let knowledge get into the way of your creativity :wink:

I haven't mastered vector math but just by letting the inner kid roam free and play with the spaghettis in the node editor I came about the usefulness of the Norm Node producing radial gradients when fed positional input.

Study the materials in the Decorated Pig Thread most of which were created accidentally apparently.

screenshot.png

image.jpg

Ok, but don't let knowledge get into the way of your creativity :wink:

Thanks for the tips. Though, I have to disagree some ... understanding what each node is supposed to do helps the creative process :smile:
My vision exceeds my skills.

I have been stepping back some from doing complete scenes recently in order to experiment with the material nodes on primitive objects. Simple experimenting and gleaning help from the generous users in the forum go a long ways.

I have been stepping back some from doing complete scenes recently in order to experiment with the material nodes on primitive objects.

I rendered a thousand balls, boxes and plains ;) But I have to admit, like everybody else it seems, I'm still far away from getting all out of the nodes.

Back