• 10.11 (El Capitan)

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which version of macOS do you use?

Hi,
like every few years I'm curious which version of macOS is primarily used by Cheetah3D users.

Many thanks in advance for participating at the poll.

Bye
Martin

Is this poll closed? Can't seem to vote. Anyway I'm on El Capitan. The only reason I'm sticking there is that I've read Illustrator CS5 doesn't work well on Sierra. I use it the most for work, so it's a deal breaker to have it not work.

Never mind. The vote popped up when I went to reply.

Last edited:
Is this poll closed? Can't seem to vote. Anyway I'm on El Capitan. The only reason I'm sticking there is that I've read Illustrator CS5 doesn't work well on Sierra. I use it the most for work, so it's a deal breaker to have it not work.

Never mind. The vote popped up when I went to reply.

I'm running Illustrator CS5 and InDesign CS5 in Sierra without issue. I had to install a java something or other. My clients who need to share newer versions of .ai or .indd files need to save down for me - I think that's wearing thin though...

--shift studio.

I'm running Illustrator CS5 and InDesign CS5 in Sierra without issue. I had to install a java something or other. My clients who need to share newer versions of .ai or .indd files need to save down for me - I think that's wearing thin though...

--shift studio.

Good to know. I know there are some bugs introduced when I upgraded to El Cap. Mostly the eye dropper tool doesn't work correctly. I may upgrade my home machine to give it a try. We have one person at work that has CS exactly for that reason. We would waste days waiting for clients to resave in CS5 and then send the files back.

Last edited:
My primary mac is on ElCapitan, because it's just old enough to be dropped. I often run Snow Leopard Server in emulation because it is the last emulator that can legally run Bryce on Mac.

My primary mac is on ElCapitan, because it's just old enough to be dropped. I often run Snow Leopard Server in emulation because it is the last emulator that can legally run Bryce on Mac.

I do the same actually. I have a VM of Snow Leopard running in Parallels so I can occasionally fire up FreeHand MX.

I have 10.11.6 on an iMac 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
I think its a glorious machine except when abused.
Like when creating too many polygons it behaves like an old Mac.

Cheetah version 6.3.2
Should I upgrade to 6.3.3?

Silly question: how to toggle loop playback in the timeline?

Cheetah version 6.3.2
Should I upgrade to 6.3.3?

Silly question: how to toggle loop playback in the timeline?
You don´t have to I guess - it was a silent update because of the bankruptcy of KAGI and the implemented invalid update link. Martin now sells Cheetah3d via FastSpring.

There´s no toggle for loop playback. I have assigned hotkeys for go_first_frame and play/stop. Works for me.

Cheers
Frank

Hi,
thank you very much to everybody who participated at the poll. Now I have at least a rough idea which version of macOS the Cheetah3D users are using.:smile:

It looks like that I've spent way to much time into maintaining compatibility with older versions of macOS.:redface:

Bye
Martin

Back