Different clothes? Particle guys

Different clothes? Particle guys

I'm trying to do a crowd scene but don't want everyone dressed alike any way to have different textures on these guys?

Attachments

• ParticleGuys.jpg
    ParticleGuys.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 457
* Not sure if this useful combined with your animation:
* Duplicate / triplicate the BB / BlankBoi and change the colour of the “uniform”. The particle tag will still generate different size variations for the red / green / yellow BBs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 07.32.27.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 07.32.27.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 401

Here's another way, one texture based on position.

Attachments

• Multi Tex.jpg
    Multi Tex.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 387
  • Organic Mix.c3dmat.zip
    52 KB · Views: 331
* Not sure if this useful combined with your animation:
* Duplicate / triplicate the BB / BlankBoi and change the colour of the “uniform”. The particle tag will still generate different size variations for the red / green / yellow BBs.

I was hoping to get away with only one figure.

* There is a thread entitled Particles w. different colours which explains this.
* The logics is quite simple, really: the gradient node is fed by the instance node, thus different hues are applied to different instances of the elements in a particle mesh.
* In this thread, Frank has also included a screen shot which shows this in the node editor. I have copied that into this thread.

* A great example of the serendipitous :)tongue: another great word to throw around in the pub) joys resulting from lateral thinking.

Attachments

• SortedColors.png
    SortedColors.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
* There is a thread entitled Particles w. different colours which explains this.
* The logics is quite simple, really: the gradient node is fed by the instance node, thus different hues are applied to different instances of the elements in a particle mesh.
* In this thread, Frank has also included a screen shot which shows this in the node editor. I have copied that into this thread.

* A great example of the serendipitous :)tongue: another great word to throw around in the pub) joys resulting from lateral thinking.

Where in this example would I place my texture image? Sorry to be so dense.

* Oops, I am not sure as I have never used this trick myself.
* If you upload the .jas BlankBois file (simplified / without joints, etc), I check this with a few tests.
* Don´t worry about density. It´s the vacuum that makes the brain implode :frown:

Reactions: DEO
@ZooHead
Yes as you see in the OP the guys have textures faces etc that I would want to change on each instance, I have gone ahead and just created individual figures to make my crowd scene.That way I can pose each guy differently.
I don't think what I wanted from the OP is possible anyway.

@Helmut: I have gone ahead and just created individual figures to make my crowd scene.That way I can pose each guy differently.
I don't think what I wanted from the OP is possible anyway. But Thank you for the offer of help and the density comment, very witty.:smile: :icon_thumbup:

Differentiating particles

I was recently trying to figure out how to make particles more diverse, either randomly or with precision. As usual, I made a couple of pictures to document the process for future reference. I attach them here in case anyone else might find them useful.

Random color material:
Instance Random + two gradients + (E.g.) Voronoi
Particle Tag + Instantiate color

Random Position/Rotation/Scale:
Particle tag

Precise Position/Rotation/Scale:
Hiroto's Referenced Particles Script

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=105

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10374&highlight=referenced+particles

Attachments

• random-particles.jpg
    random-particles.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 335
  • 3Rs.jpg
    3Rs.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 329
* Oops, I am not sure as I have never used this trick myself.
* If you upload the .jas BlankBois file (simplified / without joints, etc), I check this with a few tests.
* Don´t worry about density. It´s the vacuum that makes the brain implode :frown:

Sorry it took a while: I got side tracked.

Attachments

• Blank Boi for test.zip
    422.5 KB · Views: 333
Not sure if this ever been solved.
If you could go away with a polygon selection (you might need to scalpel new edges for the clothes and the rigging is obsolet then in this chronology, because new geometry destroys the joint weighting - as you know) - you can assign a new material to just that selection and add instance+gradient nodes to alter the colours on that particular part:
RandomColoursOnPolySelection.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Reactions: DEO
Back