Copy Poses from a figure.?

Copy Poses from a figure.?

I have a figure that has the same rig (bone setup) as another. I would like to copy the poses from the one to the other is there any way to do this?
Also sometimes I will have a copy of a figure and I will set up a new pose is there a way to copy this new pose into the original figure? If not can anyone build a script that would do this?
Thanks

I'd also like to do this - copy a pose from one skeleton to another skeleton (that has same structure)
I can do it manually (painful) using the script 'ParameterCopy.js', but I'd like to know if there is a better way.
Thanks, Shift Studio.

I'm not in front of my Mac right now but a copy of the pose-tag attached to another character (same joint structure given) don't work as with the morph-tag?

Cheers
Frank

I'm not in front of my Mac right now but a copy of the pose-tag attached to another character (same joint structure given) don't work as with the morph-tag?

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for the response. Unless I'm not understanding... no, it doesn't work.... well, there is one caveat here... the initial skeleton has a scale of 1,1,1 - the other has to have a scale of 10,10,10 to match the mesh, and I can't seem to 'burn' scale of a joint - maybe thats the problem.

Anyway, not a huge deal, there is just one pose.
--shift studio.

That are my findings so far: It seems the Pose-tag is internally recording vertex/byte-orders and it´s not transferable-
I made a simple character - double it per copy&paste
Add a Pose-tag to first one and recorded 3 poses
Drag the Pose-tag to the double
Zapping through the poses will just affect character 1
Even dragging the tag to another mesh will only affect character 1.
PoseTagHandler.gif

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for confirming Frank. I actually realised after my last post I have more of these types of pose transfers to do, and have been trying to figure out how and noticing the things you've highlighted.

--shift studio.

Right now I´m wondering if there´s a limitation or strategy behind this kind of implementation to work in this specific manner - as we can transfer morph-tags between different objects (same topology given) quite easily. Martin will know for sure. :)

Cheers
Frank

Right now I´m wondering if there´s a limitation or strategy behind this kind of implementation to work in this specific manner - as we can transfer morph-tags between different objects (same topology given) quite easily. Martin will know for sure. :)

Cheers
Frank

Its convoluted, but if I can convey the reason, you'll likely roll your eyes... I'll just give a quick rundown and skip the reason.
I created medium/high-poly people in MakeHuman and I posed them in Cheetah. Now, a couple years later, I want to low-poly versions in the same poses. I replaced the meshes of the bodies in Make human with simpler versions. The clothes, hair, etc. don't have simpler versions so I used 'decimate/un-subdivide' in Blender (this resulted in different topology and destroys UVmapping - but doesn't matter for my needs as I'm using wireframe shader for them in this case). So now I'm putting the skeleton back to the T-pose or A-pose using the Pose Tag, and binding to the low-poly mesh.
Seems like an odd thing to do, doesn't it.

by the way, I've only used morph tag a couple of times and now forget the specifics of it.

--shift studio.

Back