Connect a sweep object to an object?

Connect a sweep object to an object?

I have a spline /object question.
I have a spline sweep object that is a phone cord. I want to keep it as a spline sweep object so that it can be repositioned to where the phone receiver is in the scene ( held up by a character or resting on the phone base.
My question is is there a way to have it connected to the receiver so it would move with it? Probably not without collapsing the sweep huh?
I'm guessing I'll have to reposition it every time.:confused:

Sorry I don't have idea right now. I'm pretty worn out today, so may take a guess at it tomorrow. I've had some issue where the stacking of Extrude / Splines has kept me from doing some things without collapsing first.

Uncle
What don't you want to collapse the Sweep?
What about just moving the Sweep into the Receiver?

However I'm thinking if you want to animate the cord to follow the receiver how about using the IK Handle?

I haven't tested it though.

I was trying to figure out a way to use the Bend modifier to animate the cord
but can't figure out how to attach the cord to both the phone base and the receiver and still be able to move the Phone base separately from the receiver.

Bless You
Jeanny

Attachments

• Phone 1.png
    Phone 1.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Object Browser.png
    Object Browser.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Phone 3.jas.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 222
Uncle
What don't you want to collapse the Sweep?
What about just moving the Sweep into the Receiver?

However I'm thinking if you want to animate the cord to follow the receiver how about using the IK Handle?

I haven't tested it though.

I was trying to figure out a way to use the Bend modifier to animate the cord
but can't figure out how to attach the cord to both the phone base and the receiver and still be able to move the Phone base separately from the receiver.

Bless You
Jeanny

Thanks moving the sweep into the receiver works. Now I only have to reposition the bottom and center points in the spline. Perfect for what I wanted Thanks Jeanny, (look at you solving peoples problems!)

Nice solution Jeanny. I hadn't had time to even look at it today. My dad is passing though town and is staying the night. So I've been getting our guest room ready (which is usually an office / storage room). I knew someone would come along and sort it out.

Nice solution Jeanny. I hadn't had time to even look at it today. My dad is passing though town and is staying the night. So I've been getting our guest room ready (which is usually an office / storage room). I knew someone would come along and sort it out.

Thanks for the offer anyway. Hope you have a great visit.

* Think you, Jeanny.
* Like Swizl, I had a mental block when looking at Uncle´s problem and could not come up with an intuitive solution when reading the message.

* You are hereby awarded the :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good-Doctor-Martin-Trophy for unselfish courage and bravery in the pursuance of excellence in digital-three-dimensional-modelling :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
* I have inserted here a brief pause for the orgastic applause emanating from the usual suspects loitering on this web site.

* :icon_thumbup:

* There will be a ceremony in my usual Gothic wine bar next door to St Stephen´s Cathedral, attended by selected Popes, Royals and some of the better known medieval and Renaissance Masters of 3D representation, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Velazqez.
* Apart from the local (Austrian) wines they, i.e. the mentioned wine bar, also have a good selection from the Napean (US) and Hunter (AUS) valley, just in case you ever get there :tongue:

Servus from Vienna

:D Thanks for the encouragement Uncle Bob and Swizl.
It feels so good to have such wonderful encouraging friends.
I’m so happy I can finally help others a little bit.

You two and the whole forum have been a great big help to me.

Swizl . . . I agree with Uncle Bob: Hope you have a great visit with our Dad.

Bless You
Jeanny

* Think you, Jeanny.
* Like Swizl, I had a mental block when looking at Uncle´s problem and could not come up with an intuitive solution when reading the message.

* You are hereby awarded the :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good-Doctor-Martin-Trophy for unselfish courage and bravery in the pursuance of excellence in digital-three-dimensional-modelling :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .
* I have inserted here a brief pause for the orgastic applause emanating from the usual suspects loitering on this web site.

* There will be a ceremony in my usual Gothic wine bar next door to St Stephen´s Cathedral, attended by selected Popes, Royals and some of the better known medieval and Renaissance Masters of 3D representation, Michelangelo, Leonardo and Velazqez.
* Apart from the local (Austrian) wines they, i.e. the mentioned wine bar, also have a good selection from the Napean (US) and Hunter (AUS) valley, just in case you ever get there :tongue:

Servus from Vienna

Helmut . . .We must have been posting at the same time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I’m thrilled that I should receive such a coveted award.
The defining applause brings me an overwhelming feeling of pleasure.

How I wish I could be there for the celebration and accept my trophy in person.
I’m overwhelmed by the selection of the epitome of honorable attendees.
Would you do the honor of reading the acceptance speech that I’ve prepared:

“You (Helmut) and other Great 3D Scholars have contributed so much to the Forum.
My little token shots could never compare to the enormity of your contributions . . .
especially the complex difficult problems.

I humbly bow to you and the other Exceptionally Intellectual Super Powers who continue to astonish us puny ones with your Brilliance, Wisdom Expertise and Erudition.”

Please have a few extra libations in my honor.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah . . . since I’ve visited several countries on your side of the pond I do miss the wonderful “nectar of the gods” that only European countries can produce. Seems what is produced on my side of the pond now offends my palate.

Thank you for the fun and encouragement Helmut.
You have such a great sense of humor!

Bless You
Jeanny

Last edited:
Back