Collapsing Object - UVing

Collapsing Object - UVing

I have an object I made out of numerous shapes (cubes and whatnot). I can't seem to find a way to make all the shapes collapse down to do one UV unwrap on it. Normally, when I box model, I can select each poly and "uv unwrap it" then move to the next poly and do the same...so on and so forth. But here, I can only edit the UVs of one element at a time. How do I collapse the whole thing into one element so I can go through and highlight each poly and arrange it in the UV layout?

Thanks!

I have an object I made out of numerous shapes (cubes and whatnot). I can't seem to find a way to make all the shapes collapse down to do one UV unwrap on it. Normally, when I box model, I can select each poly and "uv unwrap it" then move to the next poly and do the same...so on and so forth. But here, I can only edit the UVs of one element at a time. How do I collapse the whole thing into one element so I can go through and highlight each poly and arrange it in the UV layout?

Hi and welcome,

Not sure I got your question right but have a look at the "import children" function as I think that should do what you want.

Edit : Frank was so fast, as always ... :cool: ...

Last edited:
They are in a group. I'll have to give it a shot when I get access to my Mac again. On my Windows machine right now so I'll have to post up tomorrow with results of the "import children" function.

Back