File output for milling machines

File output for milling machines

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have the detailed information on the different export formats that are available in Cheetah?

I need to send a design to a local machine shop so that they can create the NC G-Code to drive their machine center, but they wanted the file format in either STEP or IGES. But Cheetah does not seem to have either.

And of course, I was too ignorant to offer one of the available options as an alternative, because I didn't know which options would be best for a machining application.

Anyone have any scoop on this?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

Hi,

Does anyone have the detailed information on the different export formats that are available in Cheetah?

Easy ! Just go to the preferences menus and have a look at the import/export options

I need to send a design to a local machine shop so that they can create the NC G-Code to drive their machine center, but they wanted the file format in either STEP or IGES. But Cheetah does not seem to have either.
Anyone have any scoop on this?

To make it short, and depending on which software they use to generate the G-code to drive their tools, the .STL export is likely the best option. If this doesn't work, then let us know as there are more weapons ... :wink:
Do you know which software they use to create the G-code ?

Back