Orthographic Camera Question

Orthographic Camera Question

When I change the camera's projection property to orthographic, why doesn't the 3D view change to reflect that? If I render the scene, it's rendered orthographically, but how am I supposed to "frame" the scene or animation if I can't "see" what I'm doing?

Am I overlooking some setting somewhere?

Thanks,

-Steve

It's a bug.
Thanks for the quick reply, Andreu! That's a bummer. Now I'm more anxious than ever for version 5 to be released. I have a possible paying gig to produce an animation of a mechanical process, and I think an orthographic projection would be the best approach for what I envision.

-Steve

Thanks for the quick reply, Andreu! That's a bummer. Now I'm more anxious than ever for version 5 to be released. I have a possible paying gig to produce an animation of a mechanical process, and I think an orthographic projection would be the best approach for what I envision.

-Steve
Well, I think there is a workaround, but it's not perfect. Set the camera angle to the lowest setting (5, I think). Position the camera so you can see your object. You get a view that is pretty close to orthographic.

It's a bug.

It was never implemented. I've just hacked in the orthographic mode since a user needed it. But I will implemented the orthographic preview once I have some time. I'm aware that it is still missing.:wink:

Bye,
Martin

Back