Texture for uv map size?

Texture for uv map size?

I create a texture go into edit mode, go into UV screen. Using the paint tool with the circle selected I load a brush texture the size of the circle I want to paint in the uv editor but when I do the circle paint the texture is off to the side (see pic). Is there any way to get this to work in C3D? Or do I have to go into Gimp to paint the UV map? That’s the only solution I have found.
Is there something I can read to understand what size texture I need to fit to a modeled object,? Hope I’m asking the right question.

Last edited:
As far as I can tell the circle &rectangle will just draw a circle or a rectangle and fills in the chosen color - that´s it. I can´t use it with any brush of any size except the line tool or whatever you´ll name it.
Don´t know if this makes sense though.

Cheers
Frank

Selection fill tool

As far as I can tell the circle &rectangle will just draw a circle or a rectangle and fills in the chosen color - that´s it. I can´t use it with any brush of any size except the line tool or whatever you´ll name it.
Don´t know if this makes sense though.

Cheers
Frank

I'm using the selection(circle tool) it fills in from an assigned texture as well the rectangle selection tool uses an assigned texture.

Hi again:
Decrease the scale of the loaded texture will help.

If you choose 1.000 for the scale your texture is as large as your whole texture map.

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• TextureScale.jpeg
    TextureScale.jpeg
    16.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Back